IDI SWAP

cwnF350

Reaction score
hi guys i have a 1995 f350 with a 351w and i wanna swap a 6.9 turbo idi drivetrain into my truck but the drivetrain doesn't have a salvageable wireing harness how hard would it be to make this wiring? any help would be appreciated

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is not much to wire up on a idi, just fuel shut off solenoid, cold advanced, fast idle, glow plugs and temp/pressure sensors. A ignition wire would need ran to the fuel shut off solenoid, this is the front spade on the drivers side of the injection pump. Front intake side of the passenger side head is a sensor to control cold advanced and fast idle, this will get a split in the ignition wire and cold advance is the rear spade on the driver side of the injection pump with fast idle being the thingy by throttle arm. Coolant temp is on a bridge in the block by driverside front of head and ignore the one on the outside of the head. Oil pressure is a can that sticks up on passenger side behind the head, you should have a sensor as aposed to a switch. That means you can mod the idiot gauge to work some, pull the cluster and behind that gauge is a resistor that just needs a wire jumped accrost it. As for the glow plugs you can get something like this with matching plugs, hook it to a starter relay with a wire hooked to a push button on dash. I think this is for 6v glow plugs and can give issues like that, someone might clime in with more on that.

https://classicdieseldesigns.com/products/non-turbo-location-glowplug-replacement-harness

Last edited:

71 Highboy

Reaction score
hi guys i have a 1995 f350 with a 351w and i wanna swap a 6.9 turbo idi drivetrain into my truck but the drivetrain doesn't have a salvageable wireing harness how hard would it be to make this wiring? any help would be appreciated

Do u already have an engine? what transmission are you going to use? I have a 7.3 available with turbo and C6 flywheel. One wire to make run. I used old coil wire for that. Manual glow control is best. New glow harness and some motor mount parts as well.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Before you do this, have you checked up on your local emission laws? If you have very strict emission laws, a IDI may not pass inspection in a 1995.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bossviking