IDI Population

Exekiel69

Reaction score
highest_vision said:
Maybe a little different around here, but there are plenty of IDI equipped vans. Have a few customers at the shop who have them (one an ambulance). Also in med duty trucks! Lots of 6.5 GMs too. Maybe this is IDI country. Did I mention I own a 350 diesel? I bought it locally, too ;Sweet
James

If I go forward and succeed with my wvo project I'll be looking for an IDI van :Sly .

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also there is nothing on the outside of the IDI vans indicating that they are diesels, as opposed to the PowerStroke vans and diesel pickup trucks. So unless you hear the diesel engine in the IDI van, you don't know.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Mr_Roboto said:
Also there is nothing on the outside of the IDI vans indicating that they are diesels, as opposed to the PowerStroke vans and diesel pickup trucks. So unless you hear the diesel engine in the IDI van, you don't know.

;Really

The badges on my truck I got them from an IDI van. I removed them from the van myself. It was an eighty some year don't remember exactly but it could be 87.

mndorf

Reaction score
I remember in the late 1980s reading the Navistar was building around 50,000 Diesels per year for Ford. This would have been before the Diesel craze really took off. Somebody out there must have more accurate numbers.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exekiel69 said:
;Really

The badges on my truck I got them from an IDI van. I removed them from the van myself. It was an eighty some year don't remember exactly but it could be 87.
My guess is, Roboto was referring to '92+ vans. I know that my old '84 E-350 had "DIESEL" badges on both front fenders and on the starboard side rear door. But, I don't think I've ever seen a diesel badge on a '92+ IDI van (although I think at least some darkside vans had badges)...

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Idunno, we don't have a lot of IDI's around here. With one exception. There's an older fella across the lake that has 2-3 of them. He likes wrenchin on um.

But I do see a lot of 94-97 PSDs.

pafixitman

Reaction score
f-two-fiddy said:
Idunno, we don't have a lot of IDI's around here. With one exception. There's an older fella across the lake that has 2-3 of them. He likes wrenchin on um.

We have a older fella over by the river that has 3 IDIs. One is in a Bronco!

:rotflmao LOL

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pafixitman said:
We have a older fella over by the river that has 3 IDIs. One is in a Bronco!
Don't forget the guy in my neck of the woods with two running IDI's and countless dead hulks/IDI parts strewn about the workshop :D

Then there's that obnoxious young weirdo out West with three IDI's...with two of those IDI's missing three cylinders... cookoo

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
IDI vans may not be too rare but I bet there are not a lot of E-350 6.9 based motorhomes. I have a '86 Jubilee 27' MH I bought last summer. 34,000 miles on it.

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online