IDI head removal question

idiTravelAll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right, came back 7.3 bumma. Still soaking in marvel mystery oil I was trying to break it free last night so if nothing tonight I'll strip it and trash the block.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah keep it. You will find a use for a mockup engine etc. even the front cover is a good spare

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sorry this turned out to be 30 over 7.3. It still can be sleeved safely and the block is saved that way. All 8 of my 7.3 are sleeved.

idiTravelAll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah keep it. You will find a use for a mockup engine etc. even the front cover is a good spare

I was thinking about using it to have a shop mock up some mounts, I'm now thinking I might want to save up for a donor truck and just shorten the frame.. I'm not sure on fab costs but I'm thinking it will be cheaper to shorten an f250 frame than it would be to fab mounts and box in my current frame.

idiTravelAll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry this turned out to be 30 over 7.3. It still can be sleeved safely and the block is saved that way. All 8 of my 7.3 are sleeved.
I wouldn't mind but machine shops in AZ are trying to rob me blind. I believe it was 180 for labor and 65... per sleeve! So well over a grand does not sound very reasonable haha

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind but machine shops in AZ are trying to rob me blind. I believe it was 180 for labor and 65... per sleeve! So well over a grand does not sound very reasonable haha

Wow that's steep. For these engines, it ain't worth it to dump that much coin in them.
I'm sure you'll be able to find a good used engine you can rebuild. .030 is pushing it for a 7.3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online