IDI GRENADE?

7.3IDIot

Reaction score
Of all of the warnings that are given to the IDI society in search of power (boost #'s, egt's, boost+propane), has anyone on this site had catastrophic failure? I have friends who run Mod Turbo pulling tractors, and although they are decompressed,they run outlandish boost pressures and more than double the RPM's of their engines using stock internal components.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well :D there is somebody that can write a book out of all things he have done the an IDI, hes friends call him goatboy cookoo and he can tell you how to push that engine to the limit :draw

Exekiel.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Exekiel69 said:
Well :D there is somebody that can write a book out of all things he have done the an IDI, hes friends call him goatboy cookoo and he can tell you how to push that engine to the limit :draw

Exekiel.

And I can let you hear what happens when you over abuse an IDI....also complements of Nannyboy

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Boy you blow up just a few IDI's and you get branded an IDI killer... :confused:

Now let's see failures...

Well trust me I can't make a post that long... Let's just say that I live life on the edge... :angel: (one of my mottos... if a little is good then a lot is better so let's get a double shot of LOTS)

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well for starters shooting water down the throat is not quite the smartest thing I have done cookoo :smash: Star cracked the pistons from increased cylinder pressures. So over doing the boost and then tossing in water to keep things cool will stop 'em dead in thier tracks...

Over doing the EGT's will burn the valves :angel: Then they eat said valve :eek: Causes piston and rod to pop outside and say CHA-CHING... Worst thing is the feeling the pit of your stomach is when you hear internal engine parts hitting the pavement and bouncing up to hit the floor boards LOL :kick:

Have seen on many occasions high boost numbers :idiot: Not sure what the numbers really were because gauge did not go that high :angel: But I could almost hear the needle go PING when it slammed past 15 on the gauge... Will say that I did not feel too much extra power when the boost was hitting above what the gauge would read. But made the pyro scream in pain as it was zipping towards thermo-nuclear meltdown levels... LOL

That's pretty much the short short short version.

Now the million dollar question is have I learned from all this...

:angel: Sort of now I only slam the pyro home at 1500° once a day typically :D again don't know what I'm really hitting because gauge does not have enough numbers...

Freight_Train

Reaction score
budtoh3zo said:
didnt u have her on propane to?

Nope.I don't see any evidence of Propane.Thank God!Water and Diesel did enough!....So,have you blowed up that dodge yet?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
Nope.I don't see any evidence of Propane.Thank God!Water and Diesel did enough!....So,have you blowed up that dodge yet?
Think aobut it this way...if Travis can't blow up that 12 valve, it's further evidence of just how bulletproof the Cummins really is :D

*waves lightsaber around, ready to repel any swonkings*

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I'll be the first one to admit that I beat on The Enterprise but let me tell ya I beat on this one as well - even harder at times... :angel:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
argve said:
I'll be the first one to admit that I beat on The Enterprise but let me tell ya I beat on this one as well - even harder at times... :angel:

You see, when you have certain knowledge about this stuff it comes to a point when you turn against the truck cookoo and you just losse it :joker:

But thankfully he did not got that far with the propane ( -Flame Thr :fart ) and now i'll have the privilege of having ;Really a part of such a fine truck on my own rig :cool . :D

Exekiel.

7.3IDIot

Reaction score
I appreciate your reply Travis, but I'm wondering, how long did you run your truck with all the goods before Heroshima happened? And what the hell is a said valve?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
7.3IDIot said:
I appreciate your reply Travis, but I'm wondering, how long did you run your truck with all the goods before Heroshima happened? And what the hell is a said valve?

I believe he meant the valve (exhaust?) and piston that is about to meltdown.

Exekiel.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
The Warden said:
Think aobut it this way...if Travis can't blow up that 12 valve, it's further evidence of just how bulletproof the Cummins really is :D

*waves lightsaber around, ready to repel any swonkings*

FFFFIIIIZZZUUUUUWWWW......whaa whaa bzzt bzzzt bzzt......hmmm,your quick......bzzt SWONK gotcha not quick enough.....Bzzt bzzt SWONK KNOWS........SSSSWWWWWOOOOOONNNNNNNNKKKKKKK.......ouch,that one had to hurt....might want a little Preperation H for that one....... cookoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online