Idi diesel newbie...needs more advice

stallionmedic

Reaction score
Hey guys im in the process of getting my 91 f250 7.3L idi mechanically squared away. I live in maine n truck has NO rust....priceless around here. Previous owner swears odometer hasnt rolled over and is at 66k. Up on the lift i see some replaced shocks....dried out bushings...la la la....but mostly all underneath is original and sound. So just to be safe im treating her as if shes got 166k. I have flushed out the old coolant and put in fleet charge with added sca for cavitation protection..changed belts...done alignment...and one u joint. I have the reciept from glow plugs n oil change very recent. I have a few questions as im learning as i go. I need to replace leaky valve cover gaskets....Recommendations composite....cork? And have small amount of diesel fuel in the valley...while im into that ....just in case recommended injector pump( i have heard some new ones can crap out early... want dependable brand
.. Maybe a rebuild of what i have is in order)?? And a good reccomendation on reasonably priced injectors. Truck runs smoothly starts well....in love want to keep her around!!! I will NOT move on to cosmetics until all mechanical issues are corrected...any help is appreciated Thanks

Sent from my LGUS110 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86