I wake up to go to work and theres egg all over....

DirtBug66

Reaction score
My truck. I get in it to drive to work and it doesnt start.... i was driving in everyday for 3 weeks and now i wake up and theres egg all over my truck and it wont start. sounds like a got f ed with dont it. the truck is a 1985 ford f250 4x4 with a 7.3 banks turbo 80,000 on a rebuild. and i just put a new clutch in last week. my front tank doesnt have a locking gas cap so im thinking that someone put something in it. so i switched to the back tank that has fresh diesel with a locking gas cap. and drained the water seporator, then changed the fuel filter then cracked open an injector and cranked her over and over and she started!!! i drove it and let it run for bout an hour and shut it off and came back an hour later and it wont start. i was thinkin maybe i have an air leek somewhere. then i took off the new fuel filter and it was not even half full... and this truck is my daily driver. so im a F'ed goose.lol what i was told that i have a 6.9 water seporator and is there any special way to drain this or what not? PLEASE HELP:D

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I would first check the fuel filter and make sure the gaskets are all right and you got the old one off etc. An hour is a short time to loose all that fuel. With a leaky o-ring or injector cap it usually makes it hard to start only after sitting over night. (In my experience). Sounds like you have a large air leak. If it was starting fine before and only drawing air after you changed the filter, thats where I would start.

DirtBug66

Reaction score
it ran fine before i did anything to it. i woke up and my girl friends ex egged my truck and poured somehting into the tank for it not to start. i took off the old fuel filter and dumped it into a clear glass and it was blue, green yellowish, but it didnt smell like diesel. so then i put the new filter on and cracked open an injector and cracked it for awhile and it started. then came back an hour later and it didnt want to start. soo i guess i have a mass air in the fuel some where.thats all i did was crack an injector and changed the fuel filter. i cant think were it would be coming from -cuss

gatorman21218

Reaction score
did you fill the filter up with something before putting the new filter on? I use ATF to fill up the filter.

Are you getting white smoke out the exhaust when you are cranking? If yes then you have fuel. Also dont crank for more than 15 seconds with out letting her rest for a minute or you will kill the starter. Also if the batteries start to wear down then you need to stop and charge them. Low batteries will also kill a starter.

Well like I said if all you did was change the filter I would check that first to make sure it is not leaking or loosing prime there.

Can you find out what he put in there? that would help a lot, although you are running a fresh tank

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I was referring to when you put on a fresh one to fill it up with something so you dont have to crank for ever to prime the system. I use atf because it will clean out the IP and injectors.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you want to swap out a front tank( they are stupid easy to do) and be done with whatever contamination is inside of it, I have an extra one here you can have. I'm next to SJC.