I took the plunge. too

Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after being stranded for the time by Big Red, I decided to put 'er out to pasture and get something I could depend on a bit more. So I picked up a 2006 F350 Lariat Crew Cab with 76K and 1,700 hours on the clock. It's not a dually and it's just plain white and gold, but it's purdy. It has a ton more power and a ton less noise than Big Red. The price? A whopping $25K after the 2K I got for Red after they towed 'er in.

Luckily, the better half was with when Red breathed 'er last breath, so getting the new one was an easier task than the one Tonkadoctor had. I don't know how much truth there is to the old "ask for forgiveness than for permission" thing. Besides, my bette half is a pretty good shot with a hand gun. If I go to far, she'd probably fill my backside with rat shot.

So, what mods should I do first?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet Gotcha a Texas Cadillac.... PICS!!!!! The basement dwellers will be up here with swonking sticks as soon as they figure it out:backoff :backoff :backoff

Prolly a good thing I don't have anything but BB gunsLOL

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Hey Doc, congrats on the new ride ;Sweet

First thing to do if you haven't already done it is have the dealer run an OASIS report for you, so you can see what has been done service wise and make sure the things that were supposed to be done were.

First mod I did was a Fumoto drain valve (yes I changed my own oil) and the second was the LCF drain for the horizontal fuel filter on the frame under the drivers door.

If you're a DIY maintenance kinda guy do those first and then just enjoy the ride, IMHO the 6.0 doesn't really need a lot of modding unless you're heading out to drag race.

John

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
congrats to both of you on yer new trucks. the only 2 things that scare me are the EGR :puke: (i had enough of that with my VW TDI) and the price tag. the only guy i know with a 6.0 has had to replace his turbo at 60k due to EGR.

but then if you look at a 6.4 with all the emissions gizmos on there an EGR valve doesnt look so bad. i like that 5 speed auto too. i had one behind a 5.4 triton in a rental van i drove cross country. the tow haul feature was very nice.

have fun;Sweet

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Speaking of the EGR, make sure that you really lay into the throttle every now and then so as to keep it from gunking up on ya.

Don't be afraid to blow the soot out of it......... just don't do it in front of the po-po......... (once again, don't ask how I know this :dunno )

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the EGR, make sure that you really lay into the throttle every now and then so as to keep it from gunking up on ya.

Don't be afraid to blow the soot out of it......... just don't do it in front of the po-po......... (once again, don't ask how I know this :dunno )

Took your advice this morning and laid waste to a ricer with a load of teens in it when they got froggy at the red light:rotflmao :hail :rotflmao Bet his buddies raz him for days for getting his souped up Honda beat by a Ford Pickup.

Boy will this thing go through the gears fast when you mash the gas:D :peelout

No Po-Po either:angel:

Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have to get into when I get up on the highway going home later today. Luckily for me I have about 30 of our boys in blue as patients, so I get a lot of forgiveness.

What about SCA in the radiator? I have to tell the truth, I didn't check the radiator fluid before I cut the check for the truck. I'm sure I need to add it in, though.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Doc. I hope the new ride treats you well. Check your owners manual, coolant calls for the GOLD stuff. I am pretty sure all the mouse milk is already in that formula.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online