I think I need an exorcist

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here's the issue , I just put my new facet pump on last week. Now I've got more problems . She'll run fine for awhile , then out of nowhere she'll mis for a sec or so. Every now and then you'll turn her off (with the motor warm) she'll fire right back then die. And man its hell to get her going again. Immediately after dying , I'll press the bleeder valve , and the filter is full of air . The ***** on the pump in still half full , but the filter is empty . Almost like there's a restriction in the line , but I'll leave the pump running , and she build right back . But its like pulling teeth to bleed off the IP. If I'd had my rifle with me yesterday , I'd put her down like a lame horse . Any clue ?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'l bet its the fuel tank switching valve. Sometimes they pick up crap from the tanks and stick when changing from front to back tank. Or if you have been running less than a 1/4 tank I bet your suction shower heads have broken off. Most tanks do that eventually. then you can't suck the last 1/4 tank of fuel. The simple repair is pull the tank sending unit and add 3 inches of rubber hose to the pick up. Plenty of info on doing this repair too here.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some kind of restriction. Fuel tank switching valve clogged (as said above), deteriorated fuel line causing restriction, etc. IP pulling more fuel than the lines will flow. If you leave the pump running and it builds back up then there is a clog somewhere after the pump but before the IP. Check fuel pressure/volume after the facet pump, it may not be flowing enough. Even great pumps can go bad or clog.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Immediately after dying , I'll press the bleeder valve , and the filter is full of air . The ***** on the pump in still half full , but the filter is empty . Almost like there's a restriction in the line , but I'll leave the pump running , and she build right back . But its like pulling teeth to bleed off the IP. If I'd had my rifle with me yesterday , I'd put her down like a lame horse . Any clue ?
If it's only a 30-30 or 30-06 it might not be big enough caliber.

Your suction line is partially plugged.

I wonder if I may have a freak filter ...did buy it off eBay
Tain't the filter, nothing getting there. Think about it.

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the line of 50 BMG , or a 40 mike mike , I'll definitely check the lines

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you place the new pump?

Did you remove the OLD Mechanical pump or keep it inline?

What fuel lines have you used?

NEED MORE INFO than just symptoms to accurately provide diagnosis...

Paint the whole picture....

JM2CW

Al

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
When I installed my Carrier pump from Gen Lightning, I assume your Facet is the same pump?, The screen filter had a habit of clogging for a while, the screen would not look too clogged through the bowl but I would clean it and get going again. I assume I was pulling crud from my rear tank that I think was unused for a while (PO is dead).

Just my thoughts that might help you...

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a bracket and mounted the pump beside the factory fuel filter. Removed the manual pump. And 3/8 fuel line

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed my Carrier pump from Gen Lightning, I assume your Facet is the same pump?, The screen filter had a habit of clogging for a while, the screen would not look too clogged through the bowl but I would clean it and get going again. I assume I was pulling crud from my rear tank that I think was unused for a while (PO is dead).

Just my thoughts that might help you...

I'll check that ...... that defiantly makes sense

Last edited:

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a thought....maybe having the pump mounted to the motor isn't such a good idea. All the vibration may affect its operation

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a thought....maybe having the pump mounted to the motor isn't such a good idea. All the vibration may affect its operation

that is where mine has been mounted for 30,000 miles. no problems with mine yet.:dunno

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have a question... haven't had much time to think this through . Let's say my fuel tank selector box is bad , don't know for sure , haven't had a chance to check it yet . I do know that at one time those boxes where very expensive . What would be the best way to omit the box altogether, and plumb both tanks together like on a semi ? Then again could you even do it seeing how on a big truck the equalizer line feeds and returns from the bottom of the tank..