I think I found my stinkin air leak...

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking for the source of my air leak since I was still having the hard start when she's been sitting for awhile. Well I replaced the old return line...that's where I figured the air was getting in. Anyway while I was was crawling around on top of the motor I noticed two loose bolts on the turbo pedestal! Least of my problems...I also saw where my valley pan was soaked in fuel...hmm that's not right so I start her up and the #7 injector line appears to have a crack and is leaking! :puke: Luckily I got a whole nuther set so I change it out. Start it up and fuel is spraying everywhere!!! Dang it the other line was worse than the one I took off!! Then I notice it's not coming from #7 but from the line that goes from the filter head to the injector pump!! Changed out #7 for nothing!! Evidently the injector fuel line was rubbing on #7 line and was tight against it and didn't start spraying until I moved lines around etc. Ugh I've got another one ordered...anyway my whole long story and rant to ask...Is this where my air was probably getting in?

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Dang it the other line was worse than the one I took off!! Then I notice it's not coming from #7 but from the line that goes from the filter head to the injector pump!! Changed out #7 for nothing!!

Gah, i hate it when that happens. I would say that is a very likely candidate for air getting into the fuel system...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That might have been hard to find in the dark. LOL

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eric see you have problems at home too :rotflmao I dont feal so bad now. it dont just happen around my house. ;Really But I would say that was surely your problem. BTW when we pulled the fuel line when we replaced the engine we cut a hole in the fuel line so I know what air will do. Surging was a big thing we found with air leak.

Hope you have it fixed

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eric see you have problems at home too :rotflmao I dont feal so bad now. it dont just happen around my house. ;Really But I would say that was surely your problem. BTW when we pulled the fuel line when we replaced the engine we cut a hole in the fuel line so I know what air will do. Surging was a big thing we found with air leak.

Hope you have it fixed

:backoff Oh no...you ain't getting off that easy!! If I remember correctly it started at your house!! :D LOL

That fuel line musta been on your list of to-do items...I would never cut a hole in your fuel line...:angel:

Hope to have it fixed Tuesday when the parts come in.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online