I need replacement in-line tranny filter.

Boobylinks

Reaction score
Help! MicroMAX transmission filters are no longer available (the company's phone number is disconnected). I need a direct replacement external filter cartridge. It's similar to Permacool's unit, but I don't know if their filter is compatible. Does anyone know if a replacement filter is still available?

Last edited:

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what type of filter you are using, Ford includes a relabeled Magnefine filter with their reman transmissions. For whatever reason they are usually available with the Ford name on eBay cheap.

Boobylinks

Reaction score
remote tranny filter

In case I find one with identical thread pitch and gasket diameter, are engine oil filters similiar enough to spin-on external tranny filters to permit its use?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
you mention that it's like the perma cool brand - I can't for the life of me right now remember the filter number but on the Perma Cool ones it's the ole standard Ford V8 filter something like a FL1A or something to that effect... It's a spin on type correct? If so then that's the filter you will want...

Yes they use an oil filter type filter - the reason for this is those filters will/should bypass when they become clogged which will keep flowing fluid so that you don't burn up the tranny because the filter did it's job - no it's not great to have it run in bypass non filtering mode but it's worst to have it block all flow... So yep an auto oil filter will work just fine...

Boobylinks

Reaction score
Is there a filter spec crossref?

I measured a spare MicroMax spin-on filter (its rusty, so I wont use it). Here's the thread and seal measurements:

M18 diam thread (I'm not sure yet if the pitch is 1.50)
63 cm id.
71 cm od.

I'm still searching the web for a cross ref, but I haven't yet found a match.
Can anyone point me to a match?

Boobylinks

Reaction score
What truly sucks is that the online cross ref from wix and hastings require actual make and model info in their search box and that doesn't register. I need to go by thread diam and seal dimensions.

Boobylinks

Reaction score
I measured wrong!

The seal should be 61 id, 71 od.

Is this close enough to 60 id and 70 od?

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its the same as the permacool filter its a ford V8 filter. Fram # PH8A
I use the fram racing filters for tranny filters because they have a thicker caer to handle higher pressures and flow better. If you use a racing filter its a HP1

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope your satisfied with your Fram filters. We hold them in low regard around here, especially the oil filter. Cheaply made, and fall apart all too readily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online