I need a list of parts

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
I am doing my engine swap ( I hope ) the first of july so I need a list of parts (and numbers) so I know what to get.
so far my list is
flywheel SMF? DMF?
clutch set
bellhousing

anything I am missing besides the team of people to help me?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
In your signature, the details on the 460 are kinda vague. As is the description of exactly what you're doing.

There's no bellhousing that can be swapped. At least with the zf-5 and auto's.
But you can redrill the 460 zf-5 to work on your 7.3.

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
Lets see if I can clear this up a little.
I have a 89 f350 with a 460 bolted to a t19 trans that is my dd when I can aford the gas in it.
I have a 93 f350 with a 7.3 bolted to a E40D with a shot body and a trans that keeps blowing fuses and going in to limp mode.
What I want to do is put the 7.3 in the 89 with the t19 trans so I need a list of parts to do this swap.
and I want to do it right the first time that is why I would like part # so I can get the right ones the first time.
hope that helps.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets see if I can clear this up a little.
I have a 89 f350 with a 460 bolted to a t19 trans that is my dd when I can aford the gas in it.
I have a 93 f350 with a 7.3 bolted to a E40D with a shot body and a trans that keeps blowing fuses and going in to limp mode.
What I want to do is put the 7.3 in the 89 with the t19 trans so I need a list of parts to do this swap.
and I want to do it right the first time that is why I would like part # so I can get the right ones the first time.
hope that helps.
Well now the facts are much more clear.

First have you looked in the tech section for the part # list for yourself rather than relying on others to go search and post them for you?

You will need a bell housing for a T 18 for which you will have to score auto recyclers and such for said magical unit or post want adds in the marketplace and kiji or craigslist and check ebay etc.

You will need a clutch and flywheel for a T18 Diesel to work and it will be a SMF.

As for a bell housing and flywheel I have both available here in Canada at my house.

You can mess with swapping rads and all that without us telling you how. Use the 93 clip, hood, cowl and make short work of the swap. Keeps all your diesel stuff together!

Clearly you will need a slave for the transmission unless you have one it's not clear.

Hope this helps.

Al

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have looked at the tech section but I cant find what I need maby I am looking over it or somthing.
I don't have a bell housing part # for you

Any parts supply will provide a flywheel or at least a clutch kit for a diesel with a T18 and that's what you need. Not sure if they offer flywheels or not. So any 84 up Diesel with a T18 would be correct clutch setup. I don't know particular #'s be it for Sachs, Valeo or any brand that's dependent on manufacturer.

JM2CW