I hate this air filter,,,,,

Trex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate this pain in the a** filter, have to wash and dry then oil,,, anyone know of a reg. paper one that will fit the housing or any other idea's? Its a K&N,, the numbers i found on it,,, F040B8 P.N. 41506

Attachments

• IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 7

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Do the PSD paper cone filter mod...can't remember the number but the damn thing has been talked about so much on here, should be easy to find.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
trex you are in the same boat as me. i to hate the factory banks filters. but to my knowledge, we be stuck withit unless you want to change your intake setup.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
measure it, if the thing is close to 4" do the psd filter or you can put a spectre air filter on for cheaper:dunno

there is a waterproof version of that psd filter but i forgot (would appreciate if anyone remembers):angel:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You may be able to find one of these that will fit in the housing check out the in depth measurements ( I'm not real big on cone filters, but if it's mounted in a housing, then that's OK, but laying out in the open on a tube is a recipe for disaster on a diesel ). THey need to be dry serviced every 25000 miles or one year ( i.e. blown out with low pressure air, no cleaners or oil needed) and have a standard service life of 100,000 miles. They are less restrictive than a factory filter, slightly more than some aftermarket jobs, but then, they don't let all the dirt through that those filters do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online