Hypermax's Superbuild

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the side turbo is getting the exhaust and is pumping the fresh air into thetruck exhaust sise side of theit top turbo. Both are then sucking fresh air correct? The second turbo appears to never are exhaust gases then?

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Gary looking at the back of the motor the exhaust enters the back turbo and then goes into the turbo on the right side then the turbine you can see is where the down pipe would go. Then from the front the turbo on the side is the intake impeller you see and the air is forced into the the turbo in the middle

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
OK its a compound turbo system............... first the center turbo is being fed exhaust gas, spoiling it...then is exited into the side mounted turbos hot side spoiling it ,then exited through the exhaust on the side mount , the side mounted turbo sucks in fresh air and charges it then it is shot into the cold side inlet on the center turbo then which is 2x compressed before being injected into the intake for distribution.... hope this helps

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Wow, Guess I smacked the hornets nest on that one:rotflmao. Dont think I have been thanked that many times total in the 3 years I been on here

I am awaiting a replay on HP/Tq#s and if it was still IDI or not

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I wonder if they would make another set of them headers and if so how much. They are beautiful and would sure make mounting and aftermarket turbo easier.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure would like exhaust pipes like that too...... but I bet the air charge temps were real high on that setup with two turbo's and no intercooler.....

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I sure would like exhaust pipes like that too......

I been thinking about a set of pipes similar to that since I saw them for the 7.3 stroke, but I do believe the firewall would get in the way.

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh how I would love to own that...

judging by the price of Hypermax's inline pump kit for the PSDs im going to say that that IDI would be a bit outta my price range...

Oh and my first reaction upon seeing those pictures...

Attachments

• i came.jpg
    i came.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 48

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
-Drool :hail ;Sweet :love: Good work Brad! She's a beauty :thumbsup:

Sorta depressing in a way... oh well now that the holy grail has been discovered whats next on the "to discover" list--bigfoot, aliens, fountain of youth?! :dunno