Hydroboost Or???

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the hydro unit is the most important. reusing the hoses is no big deal whatsoever if they are not seeping. check the parts bin for the plastic resivour for the hydro return nipple. some people report the pedal mount is a little different, but I haven't seen any problems yet.
oh yea-
rear discs are a good idea. keep in mind, most conversion kits are compatible with SRW only-cuss

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I already have 2 pumps. One is new and the other is used with a broken return line nipple.:mad: I'll probably go pull the booster tomorrow. Maybe even pull both of them.....:D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I already have 2 pumps. One is new and the other is used with a broken return line nipple.:mad: I'll probably go pull the booster tomorrow. Maybe even pull both of them.....:D
if you get the second one, Geo just might become your best buddy for the day:D:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while we're on the subject, is there any diference between a GM hydraboost and the one Ford used?
I may have access to a old k3500, with hydraboost. Could I swap mastercylinders on the GM one and run it on my truck?

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
The best thing i ever did w/my 79 250 was put in the hydroboost from a 1983 chebby K30 4x4 I used the saginaw/GM pump and master cyl. there doesn't seem to be any proportioning problems w/the 12x 21/2" rears and the twin piston callipers in the front

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice write up on the hydroboost changeover job. This will really help me along in this project.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7