Hydroboost master cylinder clarification

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two different hydroboost units. One is from a ~1995 Astro Van, the second from a 2007 F-250 Super Duty. I have the master cylinders for both as well. I have been searching and cannot find the answer regarding the following - If I swap in the entire new hydroboost unit and replace my existing master cylinder, is that a problem? Is it better to install the hydroboost and use my existing master cylinder?

I do not see an issue sorting out all of the hoses, lines, mounting, etc for either of these units. This question is more geared towards whether it is safe to swap the whole unit in. I see many videos online of folks swapping in entire new units and it seems like it's alright to do assuming the hydroboost and master cylinder are matched correctly.

Any clarification is appreciated. Pictures are of the two units in question as well as the current master cylinder I have.

View media item 786
View media item 785

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Long As The bore size is comparable, i.e., Not smaller or way larger.... Ymmv

We upsize toyota mc.'s in rockcrawling all the time.
So long as ya don't underpower the system, and feed the residual pressures adequately you should be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel