Hurricane!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun's out here too. Delaware-Raritan crested, so now we wait til it recedes to see the damage to the house. He knew it would be flooded when he bought it, so even though it is devastating, he's pretty ok about it.

Took advantage of the nice weather and finished putting my dash together. Also put the horn (just a cheapy generic) and spare tire holder on the new Bronco. Still avoiding the Jeep. Hate that thing.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
sunny here now, but still a little windy. power has been out for 7 hrs now. been on genset power.

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my yard.
You must be registered for see images attach

Neighbors yard creek is 10 ft over normal

Our church yard

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
just got the report from electric company. going to be 2-3 days till power is restored for us. yay. luckly the miller bobcat welder that we have will power everything in the house cept for a/c units.
but it uses 10 gallons of fuel in 12 hrs.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
just got the report from electric company. going to be 2-3 days till power is restored for us. yay. luckly the miller bobcat welder that we have will power everything in the house cept for a/c units.
but it uses 10 gallons of fuel in 12 hrs.

i did that for hurricane Francis, Jeanne, Katrina, and Wilma. Ran a gasser.
Wilma was the WORST, ran it very very low of gas, drained a bunch of cars we had to keep it running (had several familes with us). I remember running to the local restraunt and taking their oil cooking oil from behind the place to dump in my 91 F350 and i dragged a sound stage generator home with me (i used to work for universal orlando).

I now have a enclosed whisper quiet diesel genset on the side of my house. 20K, plenty of offroad diesel for it too.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
we just got power back at 6pm. Got most of the back yard cleaned up, have some work to do on the shed. During the storm most cell service was out but I had a good link and had National weather service Doppler radar to keep all informed. It wasn't very encouraging to see it stall over oriental for 2 hrs. but it did help us to know what was coming. With no power we had to drop an old 110v diesel pump in a gas tank at the local BP to fuel up the police, town utility trucks and the brush truck, and the fire chief too. i forgot about my phone in my pocket,( just had on a rain coat no pants... )now my phone acts weird..... Man I tired I hope I can stay home monday......;Really

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i made it through.no power since 10am yesterday.got the generator goin so im sneakin online :sly

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well....at least there's no trees parked on top of trucks or branches sticking out of windows.;Sweet

funny you say that.there was a ford that died a horrible death at the roots of a tree.it lays dead center across the cap,roof and hood.yes it crushed the roof far enough for the tree to be layin on the hood :eek: sorry no pictures.

sux though cuz i been trying to buy it for the nose.thank god it was only an f150 :rotflmao bet i get it cheap now :slycookoo

just got the report from electric company. going to be 2-3 days till power is restored for us. yay. luckly the miller bobcat welder that we have will power everything in the house .

they were saying a week for us but i got power back sometime this afternoon.

we were using a miller bobcat 225D to power us up.wasnt too bad on fuel.but we only ran it for 3 hours last night and a few hours this morning just to get the fridges and freezers cold so we didnt lose the food.

how long can you actually run these things like this?landlord was afraid to let it run all night/day.runs nice and cool though.after 3 hours of screaming i could still hold my hand on the head without getting burnt.

BTW i need a crankshaft for one of these,know anybody that has one???

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally have ran a 225d for 4 days 18 hours a day, welding and air arcing.