Huge 6.9 Problems

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For sure!!! That is probably the minimum for a package like that. I did get an innercooler with no troubles, wrapped it in bubble wrap and stuffed with peanuts and had no damage. Scotty

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
pafixitman said:
Us east coast boys would love to have your truck. :hail MHO is to get the block, swap it in. The cost of food, drink, calling in favors is a lot less than what you would lose on the truck. I would hate to hear that Calvin swopped in and it is on the chopping block.

Them rednecks :D in NC would love that truck, should you decide to part with it after the relocate.

hey hey some of us rednecks in NC are smart, i did go to York PA to get me a wife, and i now own a 6.9, and yes these trucks are hard to come by here.
scotty i'm 20 min from jacksonville, if i can do any thing let me know, i've got alot of Retired marine friends that could help out, one even has a transport company. good luck and let me know.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Scotty... What was wrong with your 6.9? I have not been able to find a reason here yet about what happened other than some good guesses. Did the shop tell you anything on it yet? Is it at Dieseltune in Downey Ca?

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
h2odrx said:
hey hey some of us rednecks in NC are smart, QUOTE]

DAMN SKIPPY ;Sweet :D
<---------------------- check my location LOL

Scotty,
print out the emergency contact list and carry it with you when you make the trek east....OB :hail will get you to North Carolina ;Sweet

Wouldn't that be wild....a west coast to east coast ****** :D

terry walker

Reaction score
Hey Marine, I should be back from Iraqi around the 1st week of March, after 13 months, and I can't wait to see your truck at Camp Lejenune NC. I'm the Division Gunner so please look me up; I'm easy to find! I also know the entire crew where you will be working! I'm a farily good hand on a wrench so keep me in mind if you need help!

TLW

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
towcat said:
make sure you put shipping insurance on the damn thing. I have a pic of a boot mark(footprint) in the fins of a radiator that I got with an identical print on the box itself. :eek:

Hmm, this thing is boxed pretty well. I ordered two of them, and installed one in the 85. The other was a backup for the 93. When I installed the one in the 85, I did more damage to it just getting it out of the box and installing it, that it showed from shipping. In hindsite, I shouldda just layed it flat and cut the box off it, rather than trying to pull it straight up and out of the box.

I gotta figure that the 93 has 90K miles on it. I prolly won't need it for a coupla years. No sense in having it sitting here for those years, when Scotty is in a bind.

Scott, just lemme know how you wanna go about this. I believe my email is in my profile, and I've got MSN messenger.

Here's a pix

Last edited:

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, I will send you a note. We also need to assemble a list of guys, that way I can put them all on a a list or something.

Gunner, good luck, glad to hear you are coming home. Scotty

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your plan is coming together nicely Scotty!! I'll throw in an offer for help too...your trip to NC should take you very close to my neck of the woods. Looks like once you get close to GA Gabby can get you to me and I'll can get yah to GEO and GEO can probably get you the rest of the way! ;Sweet Of course that's if'n you experience any problems but from the looks of the parts and expertise coming your way I have a feeling ya'll will just be waving and smiling as ya'll cruise right by us to Camp Lejune!! :D

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully that is the case. I am headed down to Gary's today to take a look at that engine. Wish me luck. If it good, I am going to start on the truck next weekend. I got on leave on Friday, so hopefully I woll get some stuff done. Scotty

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I went down and looked at the block, but the heads are not part of the deal. So, that being that. I cannot afford a set of heads and stay within my $1000 price range. As sorry as I am to say it, it is going to have to go. I have had someone offer me about the price of a Banks Turbo for the truck. So, not what I am exactly looking for, but within reason for a non-running truck. I know alot of you are saying fix it. BUT, I am looking at buying a house when I get to NC and that money could be used towards paying down some debt and other stuff. That engine could be put together fine, but who knows if a lifter goes out, anything, there are just oo many variables right now, unless the engine fairy dropped a running engine on my dorrestep for 500, so the chances of that happening are pretty slim. I owe you guys alot and if know of anybosy that wants a solid truck with a turbo, GV, Propane, and some other stuff on it, lemme know. Right now the wife is not having any talks about money, she wants a house, and really so do I. The truck needs a good home. Talk to me fellers. The truck still runs, not great, but I can drive it, just gotta keep checking on the coolant. Scotty

Exekiel69

Reaction score
you can allways get an engine at ebay or almost any jyard for much less than 1k. I just posted about one for $450 with an extra tranny and tc.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Wish you were closer!!! I got that spare out of the 85 that was running and didn't have a ton of miles...

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is the thing guys. the truck is going to be loaded up and headed East in less than a month, and the 1000 bucks has to include raditaor, fluids, and all the other stuff that pops up when you do a job like this. I know on paper it sounds close, but by the time you add up the stuff you forgot about, I will be over budget. Scotty

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online