Hug and rotor assemblies - calipers and pads

jtt220

Reaction score
Hi all, I tore into my front brakes and need to replace some old stuff. Here is what I need:

Hub and rotor assembly (X2) - #E7TZ1102C
Calipers (R&L) - #F1TZ2B120A, F1TZ2B121A
Pads - #E9TZ2001B

I'd like to get the calipers loaded if possible. Any idea where I can get either Ford, or comparable quality remain units? I'd be willing to go with another manufacturer is someone wants to chime in with a good experience to that end.

Thanks in advance!!

jtt220

Reaction score
Also,

I think I need a special spindle lock nut wrench. Anyone have experience there? Does anyone know where I might find one? THanks again!!

Vegas-Misfit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have the ttb front end? if you do you wont need any special tools to do the brakes... its REALLY easy and ALOT cheaper if you rebuild your old calipers as long as the piston and the cup arent damaged and if you dont have the ttb front end it would help if you told us what front end all this is going on

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya are you dealing with a 4x or 2x front end?

As for parts, Motorcraft is a good place to start if you want factory ....or parts stores for off brand parts.

There is also Utech or the U Haul parts on ebay I see some brake parts listed there now and then.

Al

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Calipers arent rocket science. There really isnt any need to spend a fortune on your rebuilts, If you get them from ford, they just farm them out to a production rebuilder anyway and put them in a ford box, only difference would be if you had the work done at a dealership, it would be covered. otherwise, you are paying for a box in this situation, for new parts, thats a different story. If you have a Car Quest nearby, they will have good remans, if not hit bumper to bumper or Napa
Take a good look at your hoses they are most likely due for replacemt if they have not been changed yet While it isnt hard to rebuild the things, Id be inclined to have someone learn on something smaller and less critical if there were an issue.

Loaded calipers, avoid like the plague, especially with that big hulking camper on there, unless you like going off long mountains screaming for your life.
Loaded calipers always slap in the cheapest pads they can find. Get yourself a set of good semimetallic/ ceramic pads that will bite like crazy and not heat fade on you, ******* discs, you bet, but discs are a heck of a lot cheaper than funerals

When you get around to teh rear shoes, go with the ones listed as ambulance grade, they wont fade on you. With that camper in the bed, all teh weight in on your trucks brakes, its not like a trailer that has its own brakes, you cant afford to cut any corners, because thats a stinkload of weight back there

jtt220

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As indicated by my signature, my truck is a 4WD. It has the 2-piston calipers on there now. That shouldn't matter anyway because I already did the leg work and supplied the part numebrs I need in my OP. I'm just looking for a good reliable source for the aforementioned Ford part numbers and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'll skip the preloads and find some good heavy duty ceramic pads. Thanks for the advice on the rear drums too!!

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got my spindle nut socket at autozone for 15 bucks if i remember right, it does great for me