How to use a PSD Downpipe on your IDI factory turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spader

Rusty the Ford
Reaction score
$$$$

Yeah, some of the joys of living in Canada. Shipping was $65.00 from banks if you can believe that. It did however come with a nice pre-welded fitting for a EGT probe. The rest of the exhaust I'm gonne run by myself. 4" straight pipe full length .... welded w/no clamps

Again controversy on should a EGT probe be fitted into the manifold or into the DP? I gather if you have your pyro in the DP you have a collective temp of the entire engine, not just one cylinder.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I drove it before and after the mod doing some work on it for Ty and it runs out really nice.

oreocreaming

Reaction score
A bit off topic .... but you mentioned the "Factory ATS" Turbo. Mine says Garrett right on ther side of it. Did ATS produce all 1994.5 Factory Ford Turbos or were there some Garretts in production as well??

Thanks!!

I think I found one of the last Banks DP in exsistence to bolt up without having to build my own. It was $160.00 canadian and is 3".

garrett makes the turbo that ats had them design. ats just made everything else and designed the kit. almost any kit you are going to find for any engine is going to be made by garrett.

Spader

Rusty the Ford
Reaction score
Changing the DP and running straight 3" exhaust mad this into a new truck. A HUGE DIFFERENCE ..... still can't seem to get more that about 7 LBS boost but the truck still has more than enough jam for me!!

oreocreaming

Reaction score
Changing the DP and running straight 3" exhaust mad this into a new truck. A HUGE DIFFERENCE ..... still can't seem to get more that about 7 LBS boost but the truck still has more than enough jam for me!!

have you adjusted the wastegate rod? if not then thats your next step.

swuchase1

Reaction score
I am NOT hi-jacking this thread it is juat a good place for my question SORRY. Where do i check boost presure and how do I turn it up I also have a ATS system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online

No members online now.