How to remove clutch fan?

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big wrench and hammer, Fan clutch tool, or Air hammer. Take your pick. Once its broke free it will just spin off. When you put it back on make sure it is TIGHT or it will come back off.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Remember that the threads are lefthanded! A strap wrench on the pulley helps. I made a "wrench" for the nut out of 1/8" plate and it took 2 hits to loosen it.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I made a tool out of 1/2 inch steel and a 3 foot chunk of pipe, overkill is my middle name.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
You do need to be careful when using the punch method. If you use too much force you can damage the waterpump bearings.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I've seen the kit on ebay I was lucky work has the tool for it. Come to think of I need to get it and remove my fan, i think I'll go with the electric like George did.;Sweet

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I've seen the kit on ebay I was lucky work has the tool for it. Come to think of I need to get it and remove my fan, i think I'll go with the electric like George did.;Sweet

The engine looks so nice without the fan! As long as my e-fans work well enough it will never go back on.