how to install cruise control on an IDI?

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a horn pad for the cruise with The buttons on it, what else would I need for setup? Is there any aftermarket?

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Easy answer? For the 93, there used to be a kit to install it on the gassers. Not sure how they did it on the diesel, but for the early cruise setups, they used a two piece cable with a sensor in it that went to the module. The later ones used the sensor off of the speed sensor.

So, speed sensor with the right connector, wiring, module and correct vacuum canister with the attaching cable.

That is just off of the top of my head and not looking at the wiring diagram.

SWS

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently trying to get mine working :puke: its on the truck but had no vac hose... Between the OB cruise control guides i should be set...

they might help you too but its more diagnosis than install :dunno

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I have a horn pad for the cruise with The buttons on it, what else would I need for setup? Is there any aftermarket?

If you had a powerstroke all you would need is the horn pad w the buttons. but w a IDI you need the cabels , servo and such

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, think I'm gonna make a few truck yard runs, maybe I'll come up with something

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
if you guys cant find anything at the junk yard i took the cruise control out of my truck. I have the servo with the trottle cable on it. I have the speedo drive thing that goes in the tail shaft with the sensor for cruise. I MIGHT have the connector end i cut off. I MIGHT have the connector end that plugs into the servo also. ill look tonight and get a pic

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Why are you trying to put cruize on it? i thought you were going to sell it?

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant get anywhere near what I'm asking for it, people are expecting me to just give it away, hell no, I would rather keep it and let it look pretty in my yard.

So I figured I might put a couple new touches on it that I miss from my old f250, I dont care about power locks and a/c too much but I was looking at the power window kit from lmc and also trying to figure out cruise control.

also am back to thinking about throwing some 36"-37" tires on and converting the singles, everytime I step out in the garage I can see those srw hubs sitting there and makes me think, haha

alienturtle- that would be awesome if you got some pics, and let me know what parts you have

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I see, i dont blame ya, i would love to have that thing! that is a nice low milage truck! dually 4x4 have always been my thing

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is a good truck, a little much on gas for my 18yo budget especially with diesel creeping on $3.52 a gal here, but it gets better mileage than the 460.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
it is a good truck, a little much on gas for my 18yo budget especially with diesel creeping on $3.52 a gal here, but it gets better mileage than the 460.

I wish i had that kind of money to spend if i did that thing would be mine!

Tim1

Reaction score
Hey hankill, I saw your old tread and I wondering the same thing. I have 1994 f350 7.3 standard and like to install cruise control.
did you ever installed the cruise control ? if so what do i need and is it hard to install ?

thanks a lot

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WMO!
holyoldthreadbatman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online