How rare are IDI E350 passenger vans?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Looking for a van like Eric (Yarico??) or something like that. IDI powered 92+ E series wagon or passenger van? I thought about buying a high mileage gasser van as i come across those constantly to convert but before i get my head too far, just curious to used IDI availability.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I've actually never even seen another IDI van that I know of in person. I've probably seen one from a distance and just didn't know it was an IDI I'm sure... That last link there on autotrade for the 1992 van is only about 5-10 miles from my house.

I'd say powerstroke vans are pretty rare too, i've probably only ever seen about 20 of those and I look at every van I see pretty closely.

Last edited:

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
I see the PSD vans a lot more in the construction industry. Most of them, mind you, are still gassers, but I would say most of the PSD vans made end up as construction rigs.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a bunch out here in ca theres a guy down the road who has factory 4x4 psd e350 seen two other of those around town and plenty 2x4 not so many idi vans tho and speaking of those I have one at work were rebuilding for a customer he has new motor and were fixing all rust and and gonna block out and paint pearl white all post pics in a few days when finished

albinobob

Reaction score
I actually have an '85 IDI E350 with the 6.9L. Got super lucky when I was looking for a van. I didn't even know what IDI was when I bought it. Started looking up all of the components after I bought it. It's got the C6 and a Dana 70 w/ 3.54.

Maverick1701

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen some, but I wouldn't call them "common" by any stretch of the imagination...

I have only seen a few....there was a guy who came to the "Bob Wills Music Festival" last weekend with a 6.9 camper (similar to IDIJohns)...and it had a Banks emblem on the side.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there was a '92 passenger van with a E4DOA that was DOA. Rest of the van looked good if you could get past the bordello red paint exterior. he was asking $1500. it hung out on CL for a couple of months.

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
never seen too many. tho id like to find one with a 6.9 panel van for a little service call truck to go do roadside repairs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online