How often do you change your oil?

Max Power

Reaction score
For those of you running 'power adders' how often do you change your oil? More soot = frequent changes

I have been going about 7500 miles on Mobil Delvac 1. I am wondering if I should be stepping it up a bit? I am going to change to Shell Rotella T Full synthetic 5w-40 as it is less then 1/2 the cost of the Delvac.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I have no "power adders" but change my Delo 400 15W40 every 4K even though I have a bypass filter. With periodic oil analysis, I know I change it before the additives get used up but also know that my engine has less than normal wear for similar PSDs with similar miles. In my Powerstroke's design, the injectors are lubricated by oil as well as fuel, so keeping the oil as clean as possible will hopefully extend the injectors service life.

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Usually around 5k, give or take a few if I'm lazy or not....it's difficult finding the time to have Oil Changers do all that work...:D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chevron Delo 15-40, I try for 5000 mile intervals. I use Blackstone for analysis.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been doing rotella syn at 5,000 and my oil is next to clean... I have been thinking of going out to 7,500... I drive 20 miles to work... 12 of that is expressway.... Don't know if thats why.... But at 40 miles a day for work then play oil changes come to fast.... Especially when its clean oil your changing..

Running paper filter and juice level 3. 26,000 miles

Camstyn

hoser
Reaction score
When stock I ran it to 10k miles. The manual says that's fine, oil life monitor agreed and it came out looking like new still.

After adding the Juice/Attitude I changed it at 3k miles and it came out black as coal. Too much playing on 5/5.