How much do beds go for up north?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, but how much does a NON rusted bed go for up there? Trying to figure out if I should scrap the beds once I'm done with them, or keep and pass off to someone up there.

Some dents that could be fixed, but no rust.

So whats the going rate? Just out of curiosity.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last winter in Connecticut I was looking for a rust free bed for my buddys 85 chevy, ended up getting one that needed some bondo/sanding but had no serious rust for $400.

Not too sure about fords

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
The 80-86 trucks really dont have the greatest following. But I would pay 800-1000 for a CLEAN rust free bed.

If it was a 87-97 bed, I could get 1000-1200 all day long. And if I wanted to sit on them a lil while I could get 1500

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In eastern MA, where I lived until this past summer, there were really no 80-86 trucks left to use the beds, '87-ups were around and could be cheap, but they were far from nice, esp. compared to what you would find in TX. It was over a grand to get a nice '87-'96 bed from a vendor that stocked them. Car Part has one in CT for $650, claimed to be nice.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
The bed I have is a 87+ body style. The 80-86 bed I hacked up...so not worth much anymore.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
This is the bed in question. As you can see the bottom part of the bed is wrinkled up a little on both sides.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Yep, rust free southern cabs/boxes up here in Canada run you up around 800-1200$ a piece, and that's with minor dents, and no tailgates on the box!

Now once in a while you get luckey, but you gotta drive abit far to get good deals, but I'm glad I did for my rust free northern box, I got a box, doors, fenders, 2 hoods, grill, and bumper, and complete running truck (88 F150 6cyl, 5 speed with good shape cab) all for 1000$.

Had to drive 2 hours away to get all of this, both my F150, and that parts F150 loaded up, and drove back home. I have sold the cab off that truck though, as it was in great shape, but needed work, and I wanted MINT to restore the diesel.

So last summer on our trip to Florida, picked up a dent free, super rust free, cab complete with interior, minus steering column, for 350$, plus 300$ trailer to haul it back.

And that 300$ is a 20ft long flat bed, single axle trailer. I love deals :D

Only thing is, my box is a single tank, but it's not hard welding in a new tank filler on the side of the bed, done it to my F150, looks factory!

Heres my box! No rust, not even on the fenders, and I did check if they've been patched, and nope. Underneath is spoltess!

You must be registered for see images attach

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly you are looking at $850-$900 IMO to the average guy. I say this because you can put on bedsides on a rusty bed for around $1k, plus paint. So to pay $1000-1200 for a bed, then pay to paint etc. But that has just been my experience from our body shop.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Honestly you are looking at $850-$900 IMO to the average guy. I say this because you can put on bedsides on a rusty bed for around $1k, plus paint. So to pay $1000-1200 for a bed, then pay to paint etc. But that has just been my experience from our body shop.

But that is for aftermarket sides. Some people, like me dont want aftermaket