How much bigger to fit?

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question but I thought I would ask here first. 1993 Ford F350 in my sig. I did some trading on some truck parts and ended up with a set of 38x15.50-16 Interco Super Swamper TSL Radials. How much "lift" would be necessary to run them on my truck?
Never owned anything bigger than 37" tires and they fit good on a 85 Chevy K30 with 4" of lift. The ol 6.2 diesel and 4.56 gearing still couldn't pull em.

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to do a lot of lifts on trucks years ago. If I remember right, a 4 inch lift should be plenty if you build some brackets for your front bumper and move it forward 2 inches. These obs fords are a dream to lift, mainly because of the shape of the wheel arches in the fenders and bedsides. They'll accept larger tires with less lift than a Chevy .

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Ive got 6 " rough country lift and a 5" front and rear sord shakle reversal kit and run 38.5" nitto tires with no rubbage trimming or relocation and have 4:10 gears and cruise down the highway like a stock truck would and i haul my 7000lb trailer along with my quad in the box everyweekend in the summer

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got 6 " rough country lift and a 5" front and rear sord shakle reversal kit and run 38.5" nitto tires with no rubbage trimming or relocation and have 4:10 gears and cruise down the highway like a stock truck would and i haul my 7000lb trailer along with my quad in the box everyweekend in the summer

So you have eleven inches of total lift?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I've got a 3 inch body lift under mine (please note that I personally do not like body lifts for various reasons), and with just 3 inches I clear 35's after relocating my front bumper 2 inches forward. I had to go with the body lift, due to the body swap. Although body lifts do ride good, so long as you replace the body mounts with the poly ones.

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And one more thing, I didn't regear mine, still have 3:55's, and she pulls just fine. Actually she'll lite em up if your not careful