how hot is too hot?!?!?!?!?!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok well my belts for the hydraulic pump decided they needed a vacation and with them went my serpentine belt on the highway at 80MPH!!dont know how long it ran with no belt but my temp gauge was up in the red.i noticed it when i found out that i had no power steering or brakes.jumped off the highway and took the off ramp at 60MPH and ended up sinking it on the side of the road cuz i couldnt stop it.so now im sitting here sunk to my axles with steam and smoke comeing from the motor.

please tell me i didnt hurt it.i cant afford the 2 pullys im now need nevermind a motor.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Do not just fill the hot motor with cold water..... The block can be warm to the touch and still you can fill it with water. These motors are plenty strong. On my motor when it lost a freeze plug I ran it till it stopped running on the freeway. As I was pulling over the motor quit running. The heads cracked, the pistons scuffed off so yes, that motor was done. New heads, pistons and brearings put it backon the road although heads and pistons are all it really needed.... You may be fine, its just wait and see now.... Very sorry about this too... I've been there too....

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well now it wont start.something wrong with the starter now after sinking it.i did get to start by dragging it.it seems to run ok but who knows what will happen when i get it back together.i hope it dont need a motor,ill have to sell or scrap it.i cant afford a motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online