How good of a motor is it?

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's one showing what it should be. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/mkimous/Truck/0328091730.jpg

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Its more like 1" hose.

Also get rid of the egr valve
Ok thanks and how bad does that blow by look from the oil fill also I found 10_30 oil bottles in the back of the truck I'll need to get a oil change asap.

Also I'll flip my ghetto air intake around to make the hose closer I also ordered the tuna can. I wish I had the stock air intake

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10w30 amsoil diesel oil is fine to use. Not sure but there might be other good brands of 10w30.

Blow by didn't look bad. A light haze is almost normal on new motors. My 93 looks like a fog machine but it had CDR and turbo issues when I checked last.

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10w30 amsoil diesel oil is fine to use. Not sure but there might be other good brands of 10w30.

Blow by didn't look bad. A light haze is almost normal on new motors. My 93 looks like a fog machine but it had CDR and turbo issues when I checked last.
The oil bottles are car quest 10w30 I think it's straight motor oil. Also my 7.3 had slight blow by like that and so did all my gas trucks.

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be fine for dd and maybe 1k miles.
Ok thanks is running a open air filter like a k&n fine I know allot of 7.3 guys say it's horrible for the engine. I'll try and find a stock air box set up. I just need the rubber boot if anyone knows where I can get one I would appreciate it my stock one is ripped in half.

bdemutis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the best. Gets the intake air to hot and knn's arent the best for diesels either (not good on anything IMO)
Do you know of any place to get a stock intake or a good intake that's not expensive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7