how do i find out what year it was made?

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
i bought a 93 or 94 7.3 N/a idi on a stand from a good friend of mine the other day it has 75,000 original miles on it! i was just wondering if there was a tag to tell me what year it out of my buddy could not remember if it was a 93 or 94. the only tag i could find said it was 185 hp. thanks for looking

Last edited:

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Open the drivers door look above the striker post and there is the tag. Well unless someone removed it. Does it have a title?

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Ahh I see. Now you making me look dumb by editing it now !! haha its all good. Well I'm really not sure if you can. I'm really not sure if it would matter what year is what, they will be the same. There is probably a serial number somewhere on it.

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
Ahh I see. Now you making me look dumb by editing it now !! haha its all good. Well I'm really not sure if you can. I'm really not sure if it would matter what year is what, they will be the same. There is probably a serial number somewhere on it.

haha i wasnt trying to make you look dumb just trying to make it clearer. and i was just wondering its no big deal all i know about it is its got low miles and its 185hp and its got a serpentine belt.

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
nope it dont but i was just asking if there was a way to find the exact year.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The block serial numbers stamped into the top pad on the drivers side of the injection pump gear housing will tell you what year the engine is. also on the front of the injection pump gear housing (the aluminum one) there should be a sticker that has the year poked out. Any turbo block serial numbers started at 1,116,331 and went up from there. Those engine serial numbers strated in 1993 1/2 year at the earliest.... Also proceding these numbers will be the number 7.3 or 6.9. All these blocks look identical from the over look. Hope this helps you out. Post the numbers here if you can... Probably hidden under road dirt....:sly