How are the new 03's holding up?

Max Power

Reaction score
Any problems with the redesigned motors yet? I would think not but you never know :)

MUDDY

Reaction score
ive had 2 3g's. an early 03 srw w/ 6 speed. dynoed 438 rwhp/887 rwtq and did a great job for me. never in the shop. everyday weight of 9300 lbs plus w/o trailer. pulled trailer too most of time. just traded for a new dually with the 48re as was forced to go automatic.. this is my 5th dodge/cummins and i've had over 20 dodge trucks. got some big plans for this hauler. likin it so far

i really havent heard of many troubles with the new hpcr cummins

Stoked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, mine's only 6 weeks old and has 1700 miles on it, but so far so good. If it's anything like the other 3 Dodge/CTD trucks I've had, it will be fine.

jlr_32

Reaction score
No problems here. The engine has been great so far. The air filter monitor cracked at 2600 miles, but that was replaced.

BigSix

Reaction score
Just about to turn 21,000 on mine. I had a driveshaft out of round when I bought it. Replaced under warranty. Other than that it's been flawless! Mine is a standard output with a 47RE automatic. It pulls our 10k plus 5th wheel very well but any heavier and the HO would be better.

ron monical

Reaction score
mine just turned 12k and when i rotated my tires i went over it from stem to sturn and i found nothing wrong. and its been that way since i brought it home. its been the best truck ive ever had couldnt be happier knock on wood only thing is its just to damn quiet. looking at exhaust systems to make it a little more diesely

White Ram

Reaction score
Over 19,000 on it had to replace the old type alternator bracket, and get a reflash on the computer, marker light in the tailgate (dually thing) seal came undone.

that sums it up. It has been great so far.

steve

FOXY005

Reaction score
10,000 miles and ticking like a clock......only service work done has been oil & filters.

ckruse

Reaction score
Mine has been awesome. Almost 12,000 and getting better mileage everyday. 14-17 mpg around town, 19-23 on the highway. Mine is the HO/48RE. No problems, I love driving and towing with it. I really like the quiet. Has changed a lot of folks opinions about diesel trucks.

grayhackle

Reaction score
New member, first post. Had to laugh when I saw an option on the bottom of a page to ignore grayhackle. Hey guys, give me a chance. Anyway I lost a turn signal bulb 1 hour after delivery. After driving a 90 for 12 years, I am loving this ride. I will post a profile on the truck when I figure out how. It's just another new Dodge!:)

MMeier

Reaction score
21k on mine now, no "major" problems yet. Just the usual stuff everyone has had to read about by now!

bhaner

Reaction score
12,000 awesome miles. Only been back to the dealer once. Had them replace the turbo at about 500 miles. Found there was rust in the intake (like water was sitting in it at one time) Other than that... this is the best truck I have ever had. Gets better every time I drive it. :D Here is a pic of the replaced turbo. You can see the high water mark.

Attachments

• turbo.jpg
    turbo.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 212

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online