How about this killer IDI

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't het it its a bit over priced concidering the fact they aren't too popular but for some one who likes them its a decent price.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
What's so extreme about that? :dunno

Well if the diesel is anything like the gassers in those trucks you'd have to speed up to get stopped! :rotflmao :dunno

Nice truck though. I'd like one to commute to work and back and still have room for the dirtbike ;Sweet

91/2 7.3idi

BarnyardFabrication
Reaction score
i am working on the same motor in school right now. its only rated for 58hp but seems it can be turned up pretty easy. inside of the motor seems pretty stout

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I'm assuming that's the same Isuzu diesel Isuzu used....(duh) if that's the case those little buggers will SCAT! My buddy has one and that thing will rolls some coal.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think nissan managed to squeeze up to 80 Hp out of their diesels by the mid 80s in their compact pickups. Quite a feat considering no turbo on them.

I know next to nothing about the isuzu/luv series though.

Diesels through out the mid 80s were all the rage before the EPA cracked down in 1987.
Ford had the tempo, ******, LTD, and lincoln continental (I think) along with the rangers and F/E series trucks.

Makes me wonder what could have been but the EPA and CARB show little signs of slowing down.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm suprised that listing is still good. Most of the time these small truck quickly disappear south of the border as soon as they are bought.:eek:

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive one of those every day back and forth to work. They are great trucks. I average 36 mpg in my around town commute. I have gotten 45 on the highway.
That truck is cheap considering it is 4wd. If it were closer I would consider buying it.