Hope it fires...11/23/2008

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I started at 9:30 AM and had to quit at 6pm my lower back felt like it was on fire...couldn't bend over that radiator anymore (PAIN)
New injectors, and Pensacola IP installed w/ new return-line kit
I wasted one hour trying to get a little copper washer out of #8 injection hole. I burned up 1 hour+ fighting to get those damn rock hard Olives out of the hard supply and return lines. (3-total).
Making up and installing new return-line caps, hose and o-rings took more time.
Moving items from the old IP over to the new IP also takes time...and of course I'm nuts for making sure EVERYTHING is clean!

Sraying BP-Blaster for several days made my 21 year old injectors come out like butter...;Sweet
All the copper washers were stuck to the old injectors except for #8. :backoff

Advice to others about to install a IP with the Spider lines attached...UNLESS you have the proper wrench tighten the bottom-4, the rest can stay loose.

I tightened the new IP about .030 towards the passanger side.

Tomorrow-Sunday I'll give a look see at my work...then I'll leave 4 easy to get to injector lines cracked and try to fire the engine.

I will plug in the block heater a few hours prior to cranking to help it spin over faster.

I hope the starting procedure goes well...AND...this Pensacola IP and Insectors don't give me any drama. :backoff

Old IP and new side by side.
You must be registered for see images attach

New lines moved over to the new IP...
You must be registered for see images attach

Mel, nice briefly chatting with you...unless something happens next Sunday, I'll be there.

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ray,

The new pump looks purdy.... heck if that would have been mine it would already have greasy finger smudges all over it after putting on the lines.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ray,

The new pump looks purdy.... heck if that would have been mine it would already have greasy finger smudges all over it after putting on the lines.

And, you or Mel would have done my 8 hours work in 4 and had it running the same day.:rolleyes:

PS it is "purdy" , I did dirty things to it. :D
Hope it's not a candy coated POS

Last edited:

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
When I switched my pumps I'll admit to screwing on an injector line and cross threading it. Good thing I had a spare on the shelf I'll tell ya! The first time I violated my rule of "it has to thread on by hand before tools go on" cost me $20.00...

Go slow, you notice things and do the job right - thats all that matters in the end.