High Pressure Intercooler Boots

Whit

Reaction score
I have been having trouble keeping my intermediate boot in place above 25psi, this boot is the first one from the discharge of the compressor, I blew it a year ago and simply had to remove clamp and reseat the boot and then retighten the clamp, well it happened again while towing my 5er up a 7% grade, when the boost maintained 25psi or above it just couldnt hold any longer, had to do the whole trick on the side of the road, got up to our camping spot on a friday and called Piers at PDR and said send me the high pressure units :yell: :yell: :yell: I cant take this crap anymore. They arrived today and I went out and did the trick, these new units are 2x as thick of rubber compared to the oem units, and they are tough to put on, tight fit big time, I am happy to report that a test spin let me know that 38psi is fine and I am sure these boots could take alot more from the high powered units.My recommendation for these boots is strong and I cant see where you can go wrong with them.

2 thumbs up for Piers and his high pressure intercooler boots :thanks: :thanks:

Cheers, Kevin

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
How many times did ya say "Shitz!" while pryin' them things into place?

R.ebel down here in Chey town can build nearly 50 psi in his '97 and the boots hold just fine. top notch product.:cheers: :peelout

Forrest Nearing

Reaction score
rubbing alcohol helps to slide them in place...

I used hair spray, but I'm wondering if that might make them a little tricky to remove! LOL!

Forrest

Whit

Reaction score
Hey Forrest..........glad to see ya over here on the good site, be sure to pm Max Power and subscribe to all the good stuff, girls girls girls and battlegrounds.

Cheers, Kevin

KantDrive55

Reaction score
We are now selling a kit that instead of having a thicker high content silicone, we have gone to a thinner nomex style hose. These have withstood 75psi with temps at 450deg. They come with new Mac high pressure spring clamps. With a high nomex content this allows them to be much thinner. Being thinner allows you to get a better clamp on them. Give us a call and we can get you fixed up.

Green Machine

Reaction score
Forrest- I did the hair spray trick on my old 96 it made 55psi with stock boots. (lost a few untill the hair spray trick). But it is a pain to get them back off!!!

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
So where did you get them from?

Do you have a link?

I had the original ones that I recently changed out with more stock ones but I would like something better...

paccool

Reaction score
Hey Kevin! Hows things goin? Tell the little woman the flower guy says hello.

I kinda hope I'll need some of those high pressure boots in the near future. This week the truck is at BPonci's getting new PDR stage 2 head head and cam as well as a GSK. ;Sweet Already have the three piece ATS manifold and it has been ported as well as the turbo. Twins are going to follow in a month or so. That should just about be the extent of the mods for my old first gen. (I have said that before also!!) I really want to see 1000# of torque!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online