High pressure power steering line part number?

abfiegen

Reaction score
I have a leak and need to replace my high pressure P/S line. I have had no luck finding a part for sale online. Closest I can find is P/N F4TZ3A713A but it is specified for 94-97 model year. Looks extremely similar though. I have a 1990. Can anyone confirm that his part will work with a 1990 or which part number I should be looking for?

Also, is the best way to replace the high pressure line to remove the P/S pump? There does not seem to be sufficient access to the gear box to get to the other end of the high pressure line otherwise.

Thanks for the help!

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up at an auto parts website and see if the 2 different year trucks use the same power steering pump and gear box. If so, it should fit.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Two thoughts

1) Go to Orielleys or Napa and have them look up how long to special order. They can see nationally what is available.
2) If you are in or close to a decent size city see if you have a custom hose or brake line shop. Usually every city has one for custom shops, EOL hoses, tractors/forklifts, and race cars/trucks. Often they can re-use your ends and crimp on a new hose.

abfiegen

Reaction score
Great, thank guys. What I have found online just didn't look the same as mine but I think the previous owner may have cobbled something together. I think as long as I'm in there I'm just going to to replace everything, pump and return line as well. I see on Rock Auto there are pumps and high pressure line sets in 5/8" and 16mm. Is there a reason I should use one over the other or is it just personal preference? Thanks again!