High Flow Nozzles

analog

Reaction score
I tried to get fuel at a "local to my work" station that sells diesel cheaper than the one at home (by about $0.30/gal). However, all they have are the high flow nozzles for the big rigs. They don't fit in my 1988. Is there a way to retrofit the small ones I have now with the high flow type so I can get the cheaper diesel? I'm also going to be doing alot of highway travel, and don't want to run into this in the middle of no where when I need fuel and the next station isn't for another 200 miles.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Transfer Flo makes fuel filler neck adapters so you can fill up with the "big rig" fuel nozzles. I have a pair on my truck. They are great. They also allow quick fill ups with regular sized nozzles. They were not cheap. I think about $250.00-300.00 for the pair. Well worth it.
John

analog

Reaction score
160k87F250 said:
Transfer Flo makes fuel filler neck adapters so you can fill up with the "big rig" fuel nozzles. I have a pair on my truck. They are great. They also allow quick fill ups with regular sized nozzles. They were not cheap. I think about $250.00-300.00 for the pair. Well worth it.
John

Thanks, I'll check them. It's not the time I want to save, rather the hassle of having to find the right station.

triplethreat

AGENT ORANGE
Reaction score
Not sure if it would work but couldn't you go to the junkyard and pull a larger filler off a newer superduty my '04 is large enough for bigger pumps. might have to figure out a way to adapt it to an older truck but would probably be tons cheaper.

Dan

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
You can try a local truck upfitter (truck body builder). Some body companies use aftermarket fillers. Or you can try ebay.

analog

Reaction score
RKOCH said:
Do what I do I carry a larger funnel and use it when needed $5.00.

Thanks for the tips everyone. RKOCH, this is a very good idea to start with! Will require constant attention at the pump, but a nice and cheap solution.

Thanks!

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
You can also copy the Transferflow set up by gutting your filler necks and running a bigger breather from the top of each tank to the neck. There's been a write up or two about this. You can do this for under $50 for BOTH tanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online