HHO Generators

rdnckhauss

Reaction score
I have an odd question. Has anyone tried a HHO generator and if so did they make it themself? I am liking the idea of the 15%-50% better MPG? I have been looking around online at them and have found many but looking at tring this one.
http://smacksboosters.110mb.com/Smack.pdf (this one has the best plan writen out for free)

any insight, feedback, and/or input greatly wanted

I am looking to build one and if it works then will look at buying a dry cell unit.

Sites say anywhere for 15%-50% better MPG, cleaner emmisions, oil, and smoother running engine.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've made some from glass mason jars with plastic tops, used them on a work car I drive, didn't notice a big difference.
Look up Biofarmer93, has a major HHO generator on his pickup and he says it works good. That HHO generator is a major dollar and time investment.
I think he has a video on youtube with it running, do some searches here I'm sure you'll find it.

I checked your link after I posted this, that looks pretty close to many designs I've seen out there. I think the big difference is how much power you can push to these things, but that can be a little dangerous at times.

rdnckhauss

Reaction score
well after looking around and posting in many other forums, i think i will do it just for the hell of it. When i get it done and installed i will post my results.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
I bought a commercial "kit" that someone was selling online a few years ago to install on the wife's Z71. I didn't notice an benefit because the kit uses electrical load from the alternator to generate heat to produce the H2 gas. Because the engine was constantly fighting the load on the alternator, my fuel economy was not increased.

Now, with that said, my next project will be to build and install a vapor carburetor setup on one or both vehicles. The setup uses no electronics to convert liquid gasoline into gas vapor which is pulled into the engine by vacuum. The premise is much the same as running propane on a diesel.

rdnckhauss

Reaction score
Rebel: You said you put it on the Z71, Question? did you adjust the Computer? The reason i ask is that i know Gas engines have O2 Sensors and a computer that tries to keep the Air fuel mix at around 14.5:1, if you are adding more Oxy, then the computer is going to add more fuel to make up for the extra Oxy. Thus killing any inprovements by the system.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
The truck already had a modified computer. I had the PCM tuned slightly when I bought it. I did not, however, reprogram the computer after installing the HHO generator. I deduced it was an electrical load problem because I don't know if I got a good power source since I was regularly blowing the 30A main power fuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online