Heres a Small update! with PICS!

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I like the stacks. Your truck looks awesome if you ask me. Also like Wmoguy asked, how's the remote mount turbo doing? What are you pushing for boost now? Also since your IP is leaking, you should upgrade to a Db4 injection pump. You can get one that pushes 120cc that will make around 300hp on your setup or you can get a 160cc IP that will make 350-400hp. That much power would be awesome on that nice looking truck...

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
so far it is working good, i run about 15-18psi for the most part but what the heck is required to run a db4 and is that even possible? or is it some crazy process to do so. i just want it to start normal and run, i dont wanna mark my territory everywhere i park leavin wet marks everywhere. kinda embarasing.

smitty429

Reaction score
Nice lookin Truck , but I agree with Exekiel69 it looks better without the stacks , sorry !

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
If you are not looking for insane power moose it and be done. The db4 88 ford is speaking of is an experimental project by some guys on another site. Afaik So far it seems to be doing allright with a few minor setbacks early on. But it has not been proven long term.

Not that I am trying to knock them I applaud them for pushing boundaries but I would not do the experimental type stuff they are doing.

I love how guys go around toting horsepower marks that have been achieved by a few just by using the same pump as they are. There is a whole lot more than that to the power they are making.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First I like the look of your truck, tis sharp, and not over done. The stacks clearly are a personal choice on your part and not everyone agrees, which is ok as stacks are not for everyone, myself included. That however does not take away from the work and time you have put into the ride.

Again I like what I see!

If you are not looking for insane power moose it and be done. The db4 88 ford is speaking of is an experimental project by some guys on another site. Afaik So far it seems to be doing allright with a few minor setbacks early on. But it has not been proven long term.

Not that I am trying to knock them I applaud them for pushing boundaries but I would not do the experimental type stuff they are doing.

I love how guys go around toting horsepower marks that have been achieved by a few just by using the same pump as they are. There is a whole lot more than that to the power they are making.

This is an extremely good point, touting and spouting big HP is cheap talk. If you want to tout bug numbers add in a line like the DB4 hybrid has been proven to make HP up to *** and torque of ***, though this was with a special custom build on the engine and turbo setup, custom intake and exhaust manifolds cams and so forth! Just putting BIG numbers out there is plain ridiculous at best. ;Poke MY GOD MAN....USE YER HEAD FOR MORE THAN HOLDING YER EARS APART....;Poke stop the touting huge HP it's just wrong.

Also I am not trying to detract from the OUTSIDE the box approach of the individuals or take away from their hard work. I am however trying to say that without the supporting mods that pump would likely not be pleasant for all to use.

88 Ford, if you like that pump so much just buy one n stick it on your truck and claim you make 300+ HP don't waste time with building your engine with studs and cam and so forth, just stick it in and claim big numbers. OR BUILD n PROVE it!

All in all Pedro wants a good decent runner, then get a decent replacement pump, Moose, or ask the fellows at PSN or FTE if they do indeed handle slightly hotter DB2's who knows. I cannot speak to that as I didn't ask. Heck even a NEW pump that doesnt leak would be nice I'm sure.

again, Nice truck and good luck with your setup.

Al

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet that truck looks great, without those gawd awful stacks

Looks good. Looked better without the stacks.

Which cab lights are those? Were they a direct fit or did you have to drill new holes?

Your truck looks great. I also think it looked better with out the stacks, personally I think they look good on a DRW sw not so much.

Your stacks are the same size that my.........

sidepipes are going to be ;Really

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice looking rig, but as with most others, I like it better without the stacks. Not trying to bash or anything... you do with your truck as you please! I think coal-rolling looks better coming out of twin stacks, so there is always that plus side. :D

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking truck... I want to see it at night with all those chicken lights lit up... pic...?

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a pretty kick ass lookin truck!! Why the hell did this become a discussion of whether the stacks are appropriate or not?? To whoever dont like em, keep yer friggin comments to yerselves, I didnt see where he asked for input on em. Rant over!

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Stacks are not everyones cup of tea! if you dont like em dont look at em put ur finger over them and look at the rest if thats the way ud like to see it! personally i love them. ive never seen so many negative comments again them till now. everyone i know is extremly impressed with this rig, its a custom one of a kind, not bought or paid someone to do every detail on it from doing basic maintenance to the paint job i have done everything myself along with one of my best friends help. for those of you that like the rig, thanks for your positive comments and the rest of you well its your opinion but i dont care to hear or see it. keep the comments rolling :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online