Hemi Pedal Linkage Fix, I Broke a Part, HELP!

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
I'm fixing, or in this case breaking a few things before I sell my truck to a friend (bascially giving away because he's on hard times).

I did the pedal fix and there wasn't mush distance between the new bearing fitting and that safety switch (?). First time I depress the pedal I broke some plastic on the switch housing and I think I broke the switch.

She won't crank.

Anybody know how to jump the switch to disable it?

Although it should have been an easy job, I didn't do so well. I blame it on the on the back access and a bustard getting light in there without it being in the way.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
witch switch? mine has two. at least i think it's two. maybe it's a two-in-one. it's been a while since i've messed with it. one for the neutral interlock, and one for the cruise control cut out
chris

****on edit****
sorry didn't see the "won't crank" there should be two red wires going to it from the drivers kick panel. jump these two together and it should fire. remember it will start in gear, smash into the car in front of you, and just play havoc all around after you do this. so take my advice with a grain of salt. or just by pass it with a toggle switch.
chris

Last edited:

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
Still Need to Get it Right!

diesel4me2,

Thanks for the help. Jumping the two red wires got her started, but I don't want to run into anything in front of me.

Anybody khow to remove this "thing". The thing is right up against the firewall. It appears to split in half to slide over the shaft. Is it that simple?

I just want to look inside and see what I might have toasted.

Thanks!

discbrks

Reaction score
Real simple... the switch on the clutch pedal should have 2 wires. Just cut the plug off, strip the ends about 1/4 inch or so, twist 'em together and wrap with black tape. You're done! But now the truck will crank without the clutch pedal being pushed in. Make sure the new owner knows that.

You can also install a toggle switch on those 2 wires. Flip it one way and the truck will not crank (to prevent theft) and flip the other way & crank it up.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I set my manual up I'm going to bypass any type of safety switch. I'm always going to neutral it when I park and engage the parking brake. Only being able to start in neutral has its downsides as well as others here have pointed out. A clutch depression switch would be a good idea but I sure am not going to make this harder than it has to be./

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
I just want to look inside and see what I might have toasted.

it is adjustable after you get it off. it's a pain to remove. no room to work under there. the clutch lever pulls the, for lack of a better description, dimpled arm with a tang on it, witch in turn activates the n.o. switch. the more you push the clutch towards the floor the more the tang moves on the dimpled arm, making it harder to activate the switch. the hardest part is getting it off the clutch lever.
i believe there are only two bolts on the main body of the switch and theres a hook like thing on the clutch lever
hope my explanation isn't too confusing
chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online