Help!

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good evening everybody. I was driving home from work and I noticed the truck was cutting out at Rpms above 2000. My first thought was the fuel filter to I assumed I was fine. Kept driving and then all of the sudden my tach went to 0. The truck died. And a ton of smoke came up from under the dash. Was extremely freaked out because I don’t have a fire extinguisher. I looked at the dash and nothing seemed burnt. The other day I had to bypass the fss connector on the fender because it got burnt, I figured it was just a design flaw as Everbody says. I grabbed the wires and they were very hot. I put the fss connector on and off of the IP and it got super hot when I put it on. At the same time when I turned the key on, the voltage gauge read well below normal and the fuel pump was very very slow. There must’ve been a massive draw. I waited a while and then drove home. Everything is fine and it acts like nothing happened. No blown fuses and everything works fine. Does anybody know what this could be?

Last edited: