HELP!

noahz

92 F250 idi
Reaction score
I really dont understand this one.... I put cetane booster and injector cleanor additives in my tank. My truck was running fine before but i just figured what the hell and wanted to see if i could see an improvement. Well now my truck hardly starts and when i do get it started it doesnt run as well at all. What could have caused this???

Thanks

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you change your filter. Also make sure your lift pump didnt crap out, I did the same thing about 2 weeks ago, and for some reason, dont know if it was linked to the additive or not, the lift pump went out. Mine really didnt run too bad, but my FUEl FILTER light came on, so I took hard line off at filter housing coming from lift pump, and cranked, no fuel was pulsing at all!! Just some ideas.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I wouldn't think that the injection cleaner or the cetane booster did anything to the truck - I think you just so happened to add it right before the fuel filter clogged - meaning I think the fuel filter is plugged - replace it and see what happens.

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey trav, will the additive have any affect on the diaphram in the lift pump. Havent heard of this, but mine was only a month old, when I added the booster thats when it went. Maybe just coincidence??

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any change could certainly cause a marginal component to become non working. I would guess the OP has a bad lift pump, or plugged fuel filter, or maybe both. Often the additives will loosen algae or other buildup in your fuel system and plug a filter in short order. If thats the case, you may plug several filters in short order until its all out of the system. If it was a really big chunk, you could have a physical obstruction in a fuel line, but thats not very likely.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online