help,truck lacking power

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 7.3 idi is geting guttless put in new injectors fuel filter and air filter.my mpg suck i go 50 miles and burn a half tank.when its cold it runs a littile stronger then right back to know power,what is wrong with it,

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Probably a timing issue... Could be time for a injection pump replacement... How many miles are on the pump... What injectors did you install... If they were G codes then thats part of the problem... Those injectors were designed for emmissions and not much else... A set of BB code injectors will wake things up. If its still running the same stock muffler it could be full of soot and pulgged up.

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok

i got the injectors from napa.the ip pump has 230 thousand miles on it.the muffiler is 2 years old.the ip pump has never been touched

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Usually these injectionpumps last no more than 120,000 miles or so. Some have gone longer ans some shorter. But usually 100,000 miles is the limit. The new dry fuels really hurt these older pumps. Most are now running a lubricant to help the pumps live a fair amount of time. Howes and Stanadyne are about the best for sving these pumps. Some use a quart of trans fluid in every tank too. I run 4 oz of Stanadyne Performance in every tank and run either the Moose pump or the Pensacola pump. Both are fine pumps... Some have had lots of issues with Pensacola too. Read about it in the Hall of Shame...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....the ip pump has 230 thousand miles on it.....

230 thousand miles???!!
230 thousand miles???!!

And your complaining it's gutless? Hell... it's still moving isn't it? :dunno

:rotflmao

You should pay double for your next pump. You owe the mechanical gods attonement. LOL

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And those NAPA injectors are crap.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every set we used at work did not come even close to the correct pressure.

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weres the best place to buy a injection pump,whats a good brand?i

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Mel, (Agnem above in this thread) sells a Moose Pump which is a high quality "hot" pump and a Baby Moose Pump which is a high quality stock spec pump. There are some internet outlets that have the pumps, but, read the Hall of Shame at the top of this forum and you can decide who to avoid if you order from the internet. There are many members on here that have Moose Pumps and they really like them.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I've owned and run two Moose pumps. I can't find or say anything bad about them. They outperform anything on the market. I also have been running a Pensacola pump without any issues too. Others here have nothing but troubles with them... I don't know why either. I'm happy with the pump. I switch back and forth depending on what I'm hauling or where I'm driving to. A good injector is the BB codes that typ4 sells. I ran two sets of G codes and they are not very good for hp and mileage. Seems they are the emmissions kind of injector... We can only run a Stanadyne DB2 injection pump on these motors... Sadly nothing else is available....:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online