Help to I.D. this turbo kit? + intercooled!

FordIDIot

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
big plus is the kelderman air ride is smooooth and i got the pump to come back to life with just a new ground wire. rides good. steering feels pretty good. seat has been lifted and my neck still hurts from riding home

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Those nuts are known to come loose. Lol
I would check the one at the rear pinion also.
I would get a aftermarket coolant temp gauge. It's possible thermostat could be fine. Stock gauges are far from reliable. Lol
One way to tell, how does the heater work?
Melt your face? Or just warm?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FordIDIot

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its warm. not great. i know these trucks melt you out normally. i bought a motorcraft thermostat but at this point i have no where to work on it. its pouring rain and i dont want to leave on my trip tomorrow towing with a new thermostat after its been like this for awhile.

TEST DRIVE. looks like its not puking oil so far. vibration is almost totally gone and when i do feel some it goes away when you throttle in. also tires could need balancing.
pinion was an issue. its an early 92, with v-belt instead of serp. i thought the updated pinion didnt come in till 92-93.

Those nuts are known to come loose. Lol
I would check the one at the rear pinion also.
I would get a aftermarket coolant temp gauge. It's possible thermostat could be fine. Stock gauges are far from reliable. Lol
One way to tell, how does the heater work?
Melt your face? Or just warm?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It won't really hurt to run with a stuck open thermostat.
May not see as good of mileage though.
I can't say for sure on the pinion thing. I think 92 or 93 was when the long pinion came out. But I think those can also loosen.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its warm. not great. i know these trucks melt you out normally. i bought a motorcraft thermostat but at this point i have no where to work on it. its pouring rain and i dont want to leave on my trip tomorrow towing with a new thermostat after its been like this for awhile.

TEST DRIVE. looks like its not puking oil so far. vibration is almost totally gone and when i do feel some it goes away when you throttle in. also tires could need balancing.
pinion was an issue. its an early 92, with v-belt instead of serp. i thought the updated pinion didnt come in till 92-93.

If your having balancing issues I ditched tire balancing long ago and never looked back. I run balance beads I believe a bag of 150# for each wheel. It’s like 3 bucks a bag and one bag does one wheel. You can pull your balance core and dump me through or pop the bead and throw the whole bag in. I love em because the stay with the wear of the tire.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your having balancing issues I ditched tire balancing long ago and never looked back. I run balance beads I believe a bag of 150# for each wheel. It’s like 3 bucks a bag and one bag does one wheel. You can pull your balance core and dump me through or pop the bead and throw the whole bag in. I love em because the stay with the wear of the tire.
Balance beads??

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Balance beads??

Plastic beads (some use air soft pellets) you put in the tire while mounting. Centrifugal force as the tire spins naturally move the heads to balance out the tire. The tire naturally wants to be balanced—it’s science!

Downsides-pellets eventually break down and can gum up your valve core. They make some racket when slowing to a stop once gravity beats centrifugal force. They are a pain in the ass to funnel through the valve stem if you are trying to retrofit after tires are mounted. Insides of tires must be clean and free of any dirt, grease, soap, Slime, etc., or the foreign substance will act as glue and REALLY mess up your balance.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ +1 I use airsoft beads in mine. Never use weights again. Go for the heavy airsoft ones (0.20g high density). Look on-line for how to use them - there are sites that will calculate about how much to use based on your tire size. If you run cheapass tires then you might need more... too much beads does not cause problems.

http://www.counteractbalancing.com/

You can also add some to your existing "balanced" wheels.

Oh, and if your local tire guy tells you they don't work or "that is only for highway trucks" tell him to **** off. They work awesome in my Dodge Grand Caravan also! They don't work well in wide and low profile tires though; lateral imbalances become a bigger issue with those. Beads can't fix that.

Check this out, it works!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I like using stainless BB'S.
Requires breaking the bead, but it's worth it.
You can find charts online for how much to add.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never thought about airsoft pellets or stainless bbs. I usually buy the bags that you break the bead and throw the whole bag in there. Once you start rolling it rips apart and the beads get to work!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@theSHERPA has these on his ambulance with 37s
They are metal discs with beads in them and they probably achieve what y’all are talking about, maybe he can fill us in;Poke
You must be registered for see images attach

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@theSHERPA has these on his ambulance with 37s
They are metal discs with beads in them and they probably achieve what y’all are talking about, maybe he can fill us in;Poke
You must be registered for see images attach

Those are Centramatic balancers (out of Dallas, TX). Same concept, just external and captured in the ring. Used on big rigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online