Help needed!!!

FiredudeL4

Reaction score
Ok need some help on this one, been trying to figure out why my truck is not running right, here are the codes that were pulled up

PO113-Intake air temp sensor ckt high input
PO236-Turbo boost sensor A ckt performance (no CEL light on?)
PO470-Exhst press sensor ckt malfnct
PO478-Exhst press control valve high input

Truck is the one in my sig. note I have a open air intake and have D.C.ed the EBPV, so I'm sure that is were the 470/478 is comeing from right? These codes were pulled by the trannie shop that rebuilt my trannie a while back, from that time I have had issues with it "holding gears" 2-3 & 3-4 and is even worse when I pulling something, there has also been some "shift flares" At the present time I do not have my chip in it (TS with 7.3 tunes from BDP) he has pulled the trannie out and gone back thru it and cannot find anything!! that mite cause these issue's, he is starting to think that there is something else causeing it (i.e. poss. ele. related) I trust the guy and dont think he would try to pull one over on me, as he is a friend of the family's and has rebuilt trannies for me and my dad in the past, what do you guys think? Thanks

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all those codes are normal for a truck with cold air intake and gutted EBPV.dont worry about them,pretend they arent there.

i had major issues with my 94s e4od.i had the tranny rebuilt and had nothing but problems to the point i swapped in a 5 speed.in a month the tranny was pulled,brought back to tranny shop and reinstalled about 40 times.brought the whole truck to the shop 25 times.finaly found out it had a cracked case.according to a few tranny shops i deal with cracked cases are common for the e4od :dunno .but check all your wiring to the tranny and to the speed sensor on the rear end.make sure you have no corrosion in the connectors and no broken/cut wires,i pinched my tail light wire with the crossmember during one of the many tranny removals and almost burnt my truck.check all tail lights,brake lights and turn signals,yes a brake light bulb being blown will cause tranny issues as well as a malfunction in the multi function switch (turn signal switch) on the steering column.make sure the shift indicator switch is adjusted properly as well.

FiredudeL4

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, note that I have not gutted the EBPV, just unpluged the wire so I dont know if that makes a difference?