Help: Need Sensor/Heater Hose Nipple Diag

Discussion in '911 Diesel Down!' started by FnFilthy, Jan 7, 2017.

1. FnFilthy

FnFilthy Registered User

I made a huge and amazingly stupid mistake. As I was assembling my new engine, I carefully removed a sensor at a time from the old motor and installed it in the same location in the new motor. Somewhere along the line (after pausing over night) i had turned one of the motors around. Now I have Sensors in places they shouldn't be.

I have a 1992 E350 IDI and I just need to know where heater hose nipples and specific sensors/plugs go into the heads.

This would be a tremendous help. Obviously I can sort of figure things out based upon the wiring loom and hose locations, but I would like to make certain I get it absolutely right.

Thank you so very much.

2. icanfixall

icanfixall Official GMM hand model

Please go to the 6.9 7.3 forum and ask this same question. Several members have saved the pics showing every placement of all the engine sensors. I can only tell you but a pic speaks many words I can't. What I can tell you is on the front of the passenger side head is where the heater core fitting goes. These engines have 3 more sensors in the colant passages.

3. FnFilthy

FnFilthy Registered User

Thanks. This motor is so frustrating but only because it is an ex-ambulance. So much additional equipment including dual heater/ac systems, high idle solenoid system for the throttle, and probably additional sensors for all I know. I remember my old '84 6.9. I think I had a temp and oil pressure, plus maybe a tach off of the pump housing. And that was it.

4. DaveBen

DaveBen Supporting Member Supporting Member

The high idle is a good thing, as is the extra capacity alternator. I can't think of anything that would take a second Air Conditioner besides the ambulance. Take it slow when you are thinking about all of this.