Help!! I’m changing my Injection pump.

Ray-F250

Reaction score
I’m going to change my injection pump I am not going to act like a mechanic I’m more of a part changer. Is there any thing or things that I should be cautious about while doing this and is this something just a “ part changer “ can or should try to do.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to change my injection pump I am not going to act like a mechanic I’m more of a part changer. Is there any thing or things that I should be cautious about while doing this and is this something just a “ part changer “ can or should try to do.
Not all that hard to do. but in no way remove the pump with gear and cover attached. And leave the lines on the pump until off. Just take your time and you will be ok.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heat, bend, and grind a wrench for the bottom driver nut and get a stubby for the bottom passenger.

Replace injectors and return lines/o rings if they have the same mileage as pump. Read hall of shame, get them from Russ, Mel, Wes, or Justin.

Properly time new pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gandalf

Reaction score
Clb told you to read the stickies, but he didn't tell you where they are or which one is important. I'll take it a step further. The tech articles, link at the top of this section, have a wealth of information. You should read through them, decide which apply to you at any given time.

The article you need to read right now, before you start work on the IP, is Mel's IDI Fuel Injection Servicing. You don't need the entire article to change out the IP, but you can decide that as you read.

When I changed my first IP I actually printed the relevant portion and had it sitting there handy as I worked.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken
Thanx for fillin in the blanks for me...
I was short on info no doubt.
The sun came out after being on floodwatch for days on end.
I had to git outside.

Op there is an "newbie 101" by agnem here in ? Tech? Check it OUT also