help.. clutch pedal dead

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1992 f250 clutch pedal went right to the floor like something snaped.so i pulled over and seen something hanging down.i have know clue what it is ,it has a line hooked to it and a shaft comeing out of it with a bally looking end looks like some kind of a cylinder.ehat is it so i can buy one.thanks james

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Yep. it's the slave cylinder. Question is, is what gave to make come loose?
Do you see fluid leaking off of it?

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea. when i checked the fliuid there was none,now how do you install the new one ,do you half to bleed it.never did one before

Last edited:

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
The new slave should have a plastic strap holding the compressed. Leave that on.
What I did was filled the slave with fluid then put it on the trans. Then filled the master with the line in a cup or cut off bottle. Keep the master full and when you have steady fluid coming from the line hook it to the slave. It attaches with a pin.
Then use a big adjustable wrench to grab the end of the clutch fork and push it toward the slave to compress it and take the ends of the strap out of the slots.
Compress the slave several times slowly. You want the cap on the master when doing this otherwise you will have fluid running down on everything!
After working the slave check the fluid level. Add if needed.
Now check to see how much pedal you have.
You might have to do the several times before you get it to work.
If I am missing anything someone else will point it out.
I've only done one of these so I;m still new at it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726