Help! ******* Radiator!

Bouncer

Reaction score
I purchased a 1990 F-350, 7.3 IDI cable bucket truck that a gentleman had who had closed his sign business several years ago. While the truck was sitting behind his closed down business, someone stole the radiator, cut and stole all battery cables, otherwise truck is in pretty fair shape. Got it running, but now I can’t find a used radiator anywhere. Ive found a couple of the popular sizes, one of which was no good, but this truck used a wide radiator, 37 1/2” wide by about 15” or so tall, like a low profile. Ford dealer is no help at all, they can’t even cross reference with serial number! New ones Ive found Oriellys, and on line are 6-$700 bucks, more than I have in the whole truck! Is this a special model truck? Anybody got a used one they want to part with?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to the dealer for these trucks is totally a waste of time. Unless you need wiper blades. or a radiator cap.

SuperDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rockauto still sells the oddball size radiator still but it's still probably $500 bucks with shipping. I have converted a couple over to the more common size for less than that even with having to buy the core support. Also if you have not tried look on car-part.com for local junkyard availability, last time I checked gentry's auto in Newnan ga had 2 of the 37 inch wide radiators and thats not terribly far from Gadsden and you may also check there is a junkyard on 431 somewhere between Gadsden and guntersville I was at last year that had a bunch of idi trucks that are most likely still there growing dust.

SuperDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember the name but it was one of those old skool guys that owned it and didn't ever get rid of anything that he could sell. Heck it may not even be a business, it may be one of those collections that got out of hand and became a junk yard. I wish I could be more specific but it's just some place I stopped at on a whim on the way back from guntersville one Monday morning last year about this time.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Going to the dealer for these trucks is totally a waste of time. Unless you need wiper blades. or a radiator cap.

Even then, O'Reilly sells Motorcraft rad caps and other parts.

Bouncer

Reaction score
I went to a guys place here in Southside, i could only see about 25 vehicles, guy that sent me to him said there was probably 300 vehicles in the hollow, nothing appeared to be missing off of any of them. He said he had an extra one, but he had an old truck he used around there that had the same one in it, so he said he better not get rid of it ; im not sure if he had the one i need or not, never saw it. When he passes, his kids if he has any will be sitting on a fortune!

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rockauto was $550 with the wonderful 5% discount and shipping to my house for the Brass/Copper unit.
The alum/plastic was about 1/2 price

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Rockauto was $550 with the wonderful 5% discount and shipping to my house for the Brass/Copper unit.
The alum/plastic was about 1/2 price

As pricey as some of our diesel rads are, rockauto still easily beats my local suppliers after the hefty freight charges. (~$500 vs ~$700 for mine.)

The nice thing about the short/wide rad is it uses the much more common gas rad support.