Help! 7.3 IDI Turbo Literature

asagacious1

Reaction score
Hello all,

New to the forum and somewhat new to the diesel world as well. Recently acquired a 1994 F250 idi turbo and I am having trouble finding service manuals, owners manuals, etc and would greatly appreciate anyone who has links or files to share. I did manage to download a copy of the ford IDI Turbo supplemental guide but that had less info than I was hoping for. Is there anything more thorough out there? Thanks in advance!

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chilton book and the haynes book, haynes has all the truck info and clear instrucions, chilton has truck info and diesel engine info but the directions arent as clear, i have both books and they are helpful to have

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford shop manual is worth the money. So is the International manual that covers these engines, although it's really just icing on the cake if you have the Ford manual set.

asagacious1

Reaction score
chilton book and the haynes book, haynes has all the truck info and clear instrucions, chilton has truck info and diesel engine info but the directions arent as clear, i have both books and they are helpful to have

Thanks for that. Do you have the book numbers you're using?

The Ford shop manual is worth the money. So is the International manual that covers these engines, although it's really just icing on the cake if you have the Ford manual set.

Any chance you have a link to where I can purchase/download these? I've had a hard time locating the Ford manual

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Navistar engine manual I have is CTS-4260. It has engine diagnostics, service and injector pump manuals. It covers the U-Haul and Navistar truck versions of the engines.

themechanicalford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try looking on Ebay. Sometimes you can find them on there. I do have to admit that I like having a paper manual better than the idea of greasing up an high dollar device.

I looked on there today but it seems like there are a few different ones floating around and I don’t want to accidentally spend $100+ on the wrong one. But yes I would like a proper paper copy.

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a PDF version of the '94 manuals that I can share on Google Drive if you'd like. They came from a google drive link in the past but I can't find where from now so I'll leave the share up for a week or so for folks to download and then take it back down. After that if anyone needs them I can share them individually. Let me know if it doesn't work.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10p8-zgMZIlwXpPflSoTzqviEuWwMARF7?usp=sharing

Last edited:

themechanicalford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a PDF version of the '94 manuals that I can share on Google Drive if you'd like. They came from a google drive link in the past but I can't find where from now so I'll leave the share up for a week or so for folks to download and then take it back down. After that if anyone needs them I can share them individually. Let me know if it doesn't work.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10p8-zgMZIlwXpPflSoTzqviEuWwMARF7?usp=sharing

Wow man thanks! Are any of these the factory service manual for the chassis or an owners manual by chance? It won’t let me preview some because they are too large and I’m on a slower connection and didn’t want to download one I didn’t need. I have a non turbo 93 IDI with a ZF5.

edit- I see it now