Heater fan troubleshooting?

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
I always start with the fuses.

After that, I head to the component that doesnt work - in this case the motor and check for power. (assumings its easy to get at) Then, if I have power, the motor is bad, if I dont, then I back track the power loss. I always check for power with the component hooked up and turned on, this way if a relay is failing only under load, I wont get a false reading.

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
If just the blower motor is out go pick one up at napa or autozone. Pull the screws put the new one in and plug it back in. Should fix you up with some heat.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to replace the fan switch on mine. Also check in the fan box to see if there are leaves or something on the resistor (red thing w/ 2 screws & 2 wires on the outside of the fan box)

Rick

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace the fan switch on mine. Also check in the fan box to see if there are leaves or something on the resistor (red thing w/ 2 screws & 2 wires on the outside of the fan box)

Rick

I'd almost bet it's corrosion on the resistor pack.

Here's a visual aid from my 87. sorry a little grainy.

You must be registered for see images attach

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
havent done anything yet. waiting on time and a paycheck as soon as i get it done i will post back to that thread with the outcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online