heated diesel

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I read on some place else that if you heat the tank and fuel lines that can take the lubricity out of the fuel, I still don't burn wvo bc it is still setteling waiting to be filtered but the fuel heating system is already runing so is it true or not? btw I use power service every fill-up.

Thank you, Exekiel.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Where did you read that? Are you referring to heated & filtered WVO's lubricity?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I read it at frybrid but I did not want to change the course of the thread so now I ask here. What I read was that if you heat #2 it will loose it's lubricity even if you heat it with coolant. I was wondering 1) is it true? 2) does it apply to #2 with fuel additive? I know is does not apply to wvo or bio-d.

Thank you.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I believe everything I read on Frybrid cookoo the TDS of WVO LOL :hail

Sorry, I just had to :thumbsup:

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
NapaBavarian said:
I believe everything I read on Frybrid cookoo the TDS of WVO LOL :hail

You must be registered for see images attach
...sometimes you get it right... ;Sweet

Ex, Why would you heat #2? In an SVO two tank system you heat the front SVO tank. :confused:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Good one Napa :rotflmao .

Aleck, I'm not running wvo yet bc it is still on it's filtering proccess so until I do so I run #2 on the front and rear tank. The coolant heater runs in the front tank so while I don't put wvo on it yet it will heat whatever fuel is in the tank, same to the fuel that goes trought the heat exchanger before the fuel filter then my question about lubricity. I will need to go get Me some cheap fuel filters too.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I've read that on a filter site too saying that the heaters regulated to 80degs cause that was the optimum tempature fore diesel as for how much the heat affects diesel I haven't a clue I can tell you this EZ it doesn't bother me any

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Can you bypass the coolant system in the tank untill you are ready to run WVO, then route it back through the tank when you are ready?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guess none of you guys have done a long run and put your hand on the tanks...
Our straight #2 recirculates(ie. return lines) and after running for a couple of hours, those tanks are quite warm.
secondly, straight WVO does not need much temp drop to solidify. I crank up the heater anytime I have that cocktail in the front tank. The hotter that stuff is, the better it flows. Oh yea, whatever is in the tank, there is a minimum of 50% #2 for the cut.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
towcat said:
secondly, straight WVO does not need much temp drop to solidify.

I currently have a sealed jar of WVO (partially hydrogenated soy) in my fridge for a test. At 40*F it's quite thick but still liquid and cloudy. That's better than my expectation.

Last edited:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Napa, yes I could but someone forgot to buy valves :rolleyes: :idiot:

Calvin, yes I did touch it and it gets quite hot, now that you mention it I will provably look to invest on some heated filter too.(only have 26 plate heat exchanger and coolant heated tank)

Aleck, can you pour some power service on it and see what happens? btw I like your sign too.

Aric, cool then I'll do just like you :D .

Thank you.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hheynow said:
I currently have a sealed jar of WVO (partially hydrogenated soy) in my fridge for a test. At 40*F it's quite thick but still liquid and cloudy. That's better than my expectation.
the question is...how does it flow right out of the fridge? compare it to how diesel flows. It doesn't need to turn into a blob, just thickens.
next is used fryer oil. the more crud it has in it, the easier it will thicken.