Head Studs

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
I am trying to buy some ARP Head Studs and I need them by the end of next week. I have made 2 attempts (once a week) to get them from R&D IDI Performance and have heard nothing back, I just made a new attempt a few minutes ago but I doubt I will hear anything back.... If you are running a business you would think if someone wanted to buy your stuff you would respond.... I guess not. R&D is the only place I know of where APR head studs are available for our engines. If anyone else knows where I can get some that would be great, thanks!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are ebay sellers but they are more expensive. Search ebay.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
With r&d, that's not justins business. It's a side job helping out the idi community.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like me, Justin has a full time job. He has a hard time keeping them in stock as ARP does not have the best delivery time. I have dealt with them direct and know this firsthand. Just letting you know.

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
Yeah, I am going to have to call around. I will probably end up buying a set of injectors from Mel and the studs.... Well, I may be stuck buying new OEM head bolts if the studs don't pan out. I cruised through Ebay and there is really no way to know for sure if they will work or not. I dont have good luck with things from Ebay, always the wrong stuff for me for some reason. I will see what I can find. Thanks for the info on Justin typ4 and 79jasper, I didn't realize it was a side deal.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
save your $. just run the head studs for your 7.3l. you only need studs if you plan on boosting past what your current turbo should be boosting.so unless you plan on a upsized larger turbo and dropping some compression,there's really no point.the head bolts will take care of your hypermax kit.
don't let blowing a 20 year old head gasket scare ya into thinking they wont cus there are tons of these rigs on the road with turbo's and head bolts running issue free for many,many,many combined miles and years.

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
I know head studs aren't required but this is my insurance haha, i am transitioning from the military in July and can't afford to have my truck down, I'm gonna need her to pull a trailer this summer. I don't buy things from amazon because like eBay, I've had bad luck :p idioit, I am going to call them and ensure its the right set for our engines. When I find a set that works, everyone on this forum is gonna know about them and where to get them :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online

No members online now.